Heating issues? opinions appreciated - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heating issues? opinions appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heating issues? opinions appreciated

Ok, lets start this way... When at idle my car will run around 230 or so. When i take off it stays the same and actually heats up until i come to a stop, and it then goes to 200. Sometimes it gets so high that the car shuts off. It seems to move pretty quick. I figured it would get cooler when i take off and drive down the road. So... do you all think its the thermostat sensor goin bad? Hopefully its not the water pump or thermostat. I get air to the motor easily, but the sensor says its hot and it just seems like its gettin hot or cooling off at akward times. Even with it 40 degrees outside it will say its at 230 at idle.
    Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Re: Heating issues? opinions appreciated

shutting itself off is bad, I did it alot and then my engine Had to be rebuilt
    I would take out the thermostat, put it in at least 200*F water and see if it opens by itself after awhile.
    Everytime you opent the cooling system up (take off rad cap, or take out thermostat) I would always refilll the system, and always always bleed the cooling system for air bubbles
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

where exactly is the valve to bleen out the air. I've yet to try that.
      Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

drivers side next to the TB and EGR
        2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

thanks alot... hope this helps out. i'll post updates.

Comment

add your coolant with the motor running. give it 10-15 good revs that should work the air out :D

Comment

your thermo wont open until the temp its rataed for either:
              160 / 180 / 195 * F
              fill the system, cap the radiator, start the engine, wait for it to reach the temp of your thermo, let it heat up a little but not over 210!
              shut the engine off
              let it bleed off air unless it isnt
              refill system, put on radiator cap, repeat

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X