abs out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• abs out?

well, after a couple (and i mean like 3 or 4) burnouts,my car throws up an "abs inop" light...whats up?

Re: abs out?

Sounds like your tearing it up to me.
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

nah, the light went out...guess it was a loose wire...no more burnouts :(

Comment

does it stay on or just pop on for a few minutes after some burnouts?

if so you are probably just fecking with the ABS computer.... ABS kicks in when any of the wheels is spinning faster then others... Like when the rears are spinning faster then the fronts(like in a burnout)

Comment

Mine does the same thing after I do breakstands or donuts. It will come on and stay so I'll shut the car off then restart it but as soon as I start moving it will stay on again. It seems to go away for good after a day or so but comes back as soon as I feel like doing something stupid again.

Comment

Same thing happens on a chassis dyno. Appearently, when the ABS controller sees a high rear wheel speed and little or no front wheel speed but not braking, it assumes there's a problem and turns the ABS off.

I always get this on the chassis dyno. Once I restart before backing off the dyno, the light goes out and all's well.

My guess is, with the ABS on later F-cars, "ABS Inop" is not the same as "Service ABS"

Comment

lol, in other words...our computers are as dumb as a rock :spank:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                by ssms5411
                Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                1 week ago
              • RPDRed6
                For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                by RPDRed6
                Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                3 weeks ago
              • ssms5411
                No start problem
                by ssms5411
                So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X