car weight reduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car weight reduction

does any one have the link to that website that stripped the car to the fram and the car only imporved a little bit

Re: car weight redctuion

as in someone already has it done and you want to see it or you want the site with the list of items and how much they weigh?
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Re: car weight reduction

I'm going to be honest with you I have no idea what you're talking about. I remember a while back one of those car shows stripped a run of the mill econo-box down to bare frame (no doors, windshield, body panels etc etc) dropped like something like 4-5 seconds in its stock quarter mile time. Same engine just dropping weight off. Fbodys also see a nice improvement from weight reduction; I remember hearing about someone who ordered an F-body bare as in special ordered because it had no options what so ever (Z28) ran a high 12 stock as opposed to 13.3 (SS) - higher 13's for a basic Z28. That was on stock tires, stock everything. Also if you take a peak at the time slips page almost everyone of the N/A cars that run nice times have weigh reduction.

Perhaps my perception of a "little bit of difference" and yours is slight off. I mean sure you're not going to take the back seats out of a V6 Camaro and run a 9 second QM. But it helps Speed/Fuel economy so why not.
      1997 Camaro v6 3.8 <br />Bone Stock, just a little slower then most station wagons.<br />**Either the slowest SS or the prettiest v6**

Comment

Re: car weight reduction

100 lbs static weight = - 00.10 in QM
        but this is just a guide to go by, its not 100%
        2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X