Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• still misfire - no idea

Hello friends,

some weeks ago my Camaro starts with misfire and poping sound at full throttle..... it's a 3,8L engine from 1999
    last week I put the car to a repair shop for sparkplug and wire swap.....
    nothing changed!
    The engine still misfires at full throttle - but not all the time!
    The repairman hocked up his Snap On Scantool to read the misfire history and the codes...... but nothing was stored in the ECU. Perfect data and perfect fuel trim like in a new car.....

He said something from the crank- and the camshaft sensors......
    is it possible that an intermittend crank/cam shaft sensor produce a misfire without a code?
    I think not!

my last idea is the ICM (Ignitionmodule) and the coils...... but I must order this parts (over $ 300,- here in Germany) and I have no guarantee that this solves my problem :(

any opinion?

Is it the right way to buy this parts?
    Is it necessary to buy the cam/crank sensor?

the end of the story is that I sell my car :( I never had such problems since 15 years...... and this Camaro is in perfect shape - unthankfully tumbrel (sorry)
    greetings from Germany
    Thomas

PS: sorry for my english... if you found any mistakes, let me know....I'm learning

Re: still misfire - no idea

i ran mine without the cam sensor, it never misfired
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

i ran mine without the cam sensor, it never misfired
      but you see the SES, right?
      greetings from Germany
      Thomas

PS: sorry for my english... if you found any mistakes, let me know....I'm learning

Comment

I had almost the exact problem your desribing with your car. Before the car had a chance to warm up it ran flawlessly, once up to temp it went to hell when I tried to get on it. This past week i threw some 93 octance in it and it's run perfect, no misfire at all. Petrol is a bit much over there but it's only a couple bucks more for a tank so it might be worth a shot.
        Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

a bad coil pack will cause a misfire. Find a used one on the boards for a lot cheaper.
          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

youngsc: here in Germany we have a little bit higher octane..... regular is around 93 octane and premium is at 96 octane and premium plus 98 or at some gas station 100 octane!!
            I run the same gas in my other cars - no problems, because they must have premium all the time.

btw: I have the problem longer then one tank of gas...

97rs4life: okay, I try to find a coil pack...... I hope someone can ship it to Germany.

thx
            greetings from Germany
            Thomas

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated again due to fire
              by ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
              1 week ago
            • RPDRed6
              For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
              by RPDRed6
              Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
              3 weeks ago
            • ssms5411
              No start problem
              by ssms5411
              So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X