$5 to whoever can show me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $5 to whoever can show me

I will give $5 to anyone who can give me a website or place in jersey that sells weatherstripping... but there is a catch
    For fourth gens. I have searched high and low for days, endlessly scanning the web for a place that sells weatherstripping for 4th gens.

I have a 1997 Camaro w/T-Tops and need ALL new stripping. Someone please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: $5 to whoever can show me

autozone or oreillys or advanced
    my paypal address is:
    slow6@paypal.com
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

http://www.yearone.com/serverfiles/f...ain2.asp?cat=G

My link is better :p

Comment

http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/in...S&Category=153
        http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...003827/c-10101

paypal travis.dyke@hope.edu
        Last edited by 97rs4life; 10-17-2006, 08:14 AM.
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

if its a t-top leak, and your weatherstripping looks ok, you don't need to replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT
            if its a t-top leak, and your weatherstripping looks ok, you don't need to replace it.
            That's exactly right - they usually leak at the back, under where the little screw holds that plastic piece on. You can get some of the stick on roofing patch stuff from Walmart, that comes in something like a 6 x 6 sheet, to fix it. Just remove the plastic piece and old sealer piece and clean everything well with Q-tips and lacquer thinner, or rubbing alcohol. Cut a piece of the roofing patch the size that you need, then stick it on and screw everything back in. That is the best recollection that I have of the repair job that I did on my son's car. I have a like new, T-top and door gasket that I bought off of Ebay a couple of years ago, for my son's 97 Firebird for $20.00 (not selling BTW), so, you may want to check there if you just have to replace it. Anyway, Good luck :)

Comment

Sorry guys... not one of your links/suggestions worked.
              HokieBird was the closest, they actually had weatherstripping for my car... but it wasn't everything I needed. They just had the strip where the T-Top sits, I NEED the WHOLE door and T-Top.

as for fixin it, been there, siliconed that. still didnt work too well.

I am looking for the door frame seal, t-top seal (the one in the glass top itself), window seal, and t-top bar seal. both driver and passenger sides.

Thanks again!

Comment

I'm pretty sure year one has all of that. I would give them a call and ask to make sure.

Comment

yea that year one link has them all, I just checked it out. go to body on the left then weatherstripping section. it is there

Comment

www.jcwhitney.com
                    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by StrtRacer98
                      i already posted that ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Urban
                        Sorry guys... not one of your links/suggestions worked.
                        HokieBird was the closest, they actually had weatherstripping for my car... but it wasn't everything I needed. They just had the strip where the T-Top sits, I NEED the WHOLE door and T-Top.

as for fixin it, been there, siliconed that. still didnt work too well.

I am looking for the door frame seal, t-top seal (the one in the glass top itself), window seal, and t-top bar seal. both driver and passenger sides.

Thanks again!

jsut trying to save you, if you don't properly seal the enw weatherstripping, it will leak.

I am pretty sure everyone sells the seal as 1 piece, it won't work any other way.

I actually think I have 2 sets of t-top weatherstripping floating around in my garage. But they are used, doubt you want them.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Urban
                          I will give $5 to anyone who can give me a website or place in jersey that sells weatherstripping... but there is a catch
                          For fourth gens. I have searched high and low for days, endlessly scanning the web for a place that sells weatherstripping for 4th gens.

I have a 1997 Camaro w/T-Tops and need ALL new stripping. Someone please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to a GM dealership. Wheres my 5 bucks at? :p
                          Originally posted by kala
                          I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
                          parting her out

Comment

get someone to find the part number then gmpartsdirect.com but you'll probably wait a month before you get it

Comment

theres only to seals one that runs the door up the window thru where the t tops sit and back down the back half of the door . theres also the gaket on the top itself . i ended up getting them from the dealer but be prepared that i wont be cheap . i got employee discount and they still cost me $145 each .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X