$5 to whoever can show me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: $5 to whoever can show me

advance auto sells universal rolls of weather strippint that WILL work...i kno for two reason...i've used it...i work there

Comment

if i were you ill call an online parts yard like www.tacreationsusa.com that deals with fbodys. They could probably help you with your needs.

Now, you go ahead and keep your money. :banana:

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Ok... i admit i am a little slow. Thank you 97rs4life, because of you I went back to year one and realized there was 2 sections, 1 for the door stripping, and 1 for the t-top stripping. I went and ordered both... for both sides... and the grand total of $500.86 !!!!!! Guess I shouldn't have been so quick to order and finish reading the rest of the posts. I probably woulda done as Loochy88 said. Oh well, I'll keep them in mind for future reference.

Hey DAS BOOT, is there a "correct way" to install them? I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to be able to stay dry in the rain/car wash (u know on those days i can't afford a 6 hour "hose down" ;) )

oh and i guess i owe 97rs4life and HokieBird $5 each... do you guys have paypal?

Comment

travis.dyke@hope.edu :)
          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Where about in Jersey do you live? There is a place about 20 miles from where I live that sells Camaro/Firebird related parts. They might have weathering strips.

Comment

You don't owe us anything. That's what this board is for. Put it towards your car.

Comment

no this board is to support my gambling problem!
                2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

If you are interested in used ones, I have some sitting in a storage container in my garage I will sell cheaper then anywhere else you go.

the problem is the water channels down the "channel" in the metal on the roof, then it goes to the corners(where the t0top locks in) At that spot the water goes above the metal on top of the rubber strip to plastic "clips" that are screwd down. the water is then channeled through the "tube" in the stripping, then it is vented out of the tube, towards the bottom half of the door.

Its like that on all 4 corners.

99% of t-top leaks is... when the water channels to the "plastic clip" it goes under the t-top weatser stripping, and usually works it way behind the sail panel or down the A-pillar.

this makes puddles, by your feet at the front of the doors, and also in the rear footspaces.

Best fix, unscrew the clip, lift up the weatherstripping, then I used black silicone(like the blue and redstuff you use on a waterpump or something) put a ton down, make a "barrier that will not let the water by. Then put the weatherstripping back down. then tighten the clip back down. This will guide the water back up and over, and into the "tube" again. Reason why its a problem as cars get older the glue just wears out and doesn't seal it right.

You do not have to really worry about any other place "sealing" right for the most part.

Also make sure when you put your tops on your seals on the actual t-top sit inside the seals on the car(they are supposed to seat inside)

That fixes 99% of the problems. Then next most common problem(still rare, but happens) Is something actually jams inside the "tube" and causes the water to back up.

Comment

And the reason why I know all this...

I did a t-top conversion around xmas 2 years ago and ran into time issues, so I didn't seal them for a few days, it rained and I honestly had lke 4 gallons of water in my car.

did the silicone thing I listed, and never had a problem. My car was an ouside car for a year, in FL, even through a tropical storms and such, and do not leak.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X