Over Heating??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over Heating??

please anyone help i put anti-freeze in my car and didnt know i needed some drained because i wasnt thinking and now my car is overheating almost all of the extra anti-freeze has already flowed over and leaked out but it still overheats do you have any idea's on what my problem is?

Re: Over Heating??

bleed the cooling system ANYTIME you open the cooling system
    its a closed system, if air gets in thur it will make you overheat

bleeder on the 3.8 is on the drivers side of the TB
    the 3.4 is on the passenger side of the TB
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

could it be the thermostat cause it also heats up the most when its just idleing?

Comment

you are always going to heat up more while idling because air isn't moving through the engine bay. First try bleeding the air out of the system and see if there is any. Are you losing coolant or did you just loose the extra and now it is sitting level?
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

I cant figure out how to bleed a 3.4 ive looked and i dont know but the only i lost was the extra but it is still a little bit high? it also is really hot when its idleign like almost to the red

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X