Left hand Low Beam Light keeps blowing out?? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Left hand Low Beam Light keeps blowing out??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left hand Low Beam Light keeps blowing out??

My left hand low beam headlight keeps blowing out!!! Both sides are the same brand and keeps doing it, I'd say every two months. I've only had to replace the right hand side once! This problem has started since November of last year. I've had this car since the summer. What could be causing this??? Thanks. :(

Did you pull the bulb out and use the 9006 bulbs? If so, check to see if condensation is getting inside of the headlight housing and causing the bulb to burnout.
    If you keep replacing the whole headlight housing, get a pair of pliers and turn the back of the bulb to remove it, and start using replacement bulbs. Mine kept burning out too. Once I removed the old bulb and went to the new-er 9006 and 9005 bulbs, I had no further problems.

-Marc
    sigpic

Comment

I should have told you that my car is a 1994 which takes the individual sealed units. The little b*st*rds cost 25 dollars evertime I change them. I wish I could just change the bulb, however I can't. Is there any mods out there for such a conversion??

Comment

I've replaced my drivers side headlight a few times also. At one point it only lasted a couple months. I agree,,the damn thing is annoying..especially $27 per headlight.

Make sure it's completely burned out before you replace it. Half the time when the light doesn't turn on,,pound the **** out of it and it will light back up.
        94 Camaro 3.4 A4 <br />T-Tops<br />In the process of an LS1 swap.

Comment

Originally posted by 94camaro25:
          I should have told you that my car is a 1994 which takes the individual sealed units. The little b*st*rds cost 25 dollars evertime I change them. I wish I could just change the bulb, however I can't. Is there any mods out there for such a conversion??
          Yes, you can pull the bulbs out. That's what I was talking about.
          Get a pair of pliars and turn the back of the bulb with them while holding the headlight housing in your hand. The bulb is only plastic welded in, and comes out with relative ease. Once the bulb is out, you can replace it with any 9006/9005 bulb using a high-temp silicone to hold it inplace.
          It works for all of your headlights. The 9005 bulbs are highbeam, and 9006 are lowbeams. ;)
          I did it to my 96 camaro, and I'm currently using Sylvania SilverStar Bulbs...they are awesome!!!

-Marc
          sigpic

Comment

Sorry about that....I don't know what in hell I was thinking. I just got back from Pepboys and while in the store I figured out what you were talking about (duh!!)!! I feel so stupid!! Anyway, I bought the 9005 (thinking it was low)so tomarrow I'll buy the 9006's and replace them all. Thanks again. By the way, where did you get those clear head light covers?? They look great.

Comment

94 Camaro, just so you know, if you end up just switching your bubls w/o buying all new housing, make sure NOT TO TOUCH the bubls with your hands! If you do, make sure you wipe ALL of the oil from your skin off of it (try some aclahol). If there's any oil, when it gets hot enough it WILL explode and you'll have to replace the chared housing. Good luck.
              \'96 M5 Camaro White<br />Flowmaster Full Catback<br />SLP CAI<br />180* Thermo<br /><br />Stereo: H/U - Clarion DXZ725 <br />Alipne Type-R 6.5 Components (front), <br />Alpine Alpine SPS-1629S 6.5 <br />2 10\" JL 10w0<br /><br />\"One Love\" -Bob Marley

Comment

Thanks....I do realize with those bulbs you can't get any oils from your fingers on them. I really appreciate the info... I'm really happy to see that the 9005/9006 bulbs are 12.00 dollare verses 26.00 dollars for sealed beams. Thanks again guys!!

Comment

The headlight covers I have are Carbon Fiber. I really don't use them too often, and I may get rid of them along with my rear carbon fiber tailight covers sometime soon. But thanx for the compliment.
                  Good luck with your headlight conversion, and keep us posted on any new bulb(s) you may try. The Sylvania SilverStar's are the best I've used ever. I highly recommend them.

-Marc
                  sigpic

Comment

The new bulbs definetly make a difference. Thanks again [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                      Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                      by ssms5411
                      Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                      1 week ago
                    • RPDRed6
                      For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                      by RPDRed6
                      Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                      3 weeks ago
                    • ssms5411
                      No start problem
                      by ssms5411
                      So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X