service engine light not SES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• service engine light not SES

what is the service engine light? i saw it today... its near the tach.?????

ps- not the SES i know wat that is

Re: service engine light not SES

the SES light is near the tach, yes. SES= Service Engine Soon.. there isn't just a Service Engine light, far as i know, and SES would be what your referring to..
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

no there really is a service engine light...i see it when i turn my car on ive always wondered wat would trigger that out. The SES light is in the upper right corner this is in the left botom corner.

Comment

Are you sure its not SRS, could be something with the air bags.
        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

What year is your car? I know for my 2001 car, there is a "Service Vehicle" light, which is different from the Malfunction Indicator Lamp(SES). The "Service Vehicle" light is located to the right of the 0 rpm mark on the tach. The SES light is located to the right of speedometer.

For the "Service Vehicle" light, the manual says that:

"This light will stay on steady if you have certain non-emission related vehicle problems. These problems are not obvious and may affect vehicle performance or durability. Consult a qualified dealer for necessary repairs to maintain top vehicle performance."

So basically, it doesn't really tell you anything that could've caused it that's obvious. Good luck on finding out your problem :)
          Yes, I know \"Artic\" should be spelled \"Arctic\". Can any of the mods change this?

Comment

yup thats it!!!! i just didnt know wat it was for?:banana:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X