lisence plate light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lisence plate light

i know it would be illegal, but how would i make a switch to shut off the lisence plate lights at night?

Re: lisence plate light

Originally posted by jeffkiernan
    i know it would be illegal, but how would i make a switch to shut off the lisence plate lights at night?
    Any WHY would you want to do something as stupid as that??? Yes, it's illegal, and yes, it's a dumb question!
    So if someone is driving at night and they rearend you and hurt you and some of your occupants, then they turn the license plate light off so they can make a quick getaway and you cannot identify the vehicle or owner...then what??? Or...same question, but they hit a pedestriain which turns out to be a loved-one.
    sigpic

Comment

hockey man where did you get your clear corner lenses and what brand are they?

Comment

tkae off you back bumper, cut the negative wire in half. extend the two lines into the cabin of the car through the hatch and under the carpet to the desired location near you dash. hook the two lines onto a switch. when switched on, this will complete the circut and allow the negative charge to ground out making the light bulb light up. when off, the charge doesnt go anywhere and cannot pull electricity through the bulb
        good luck, and it wont do anything but give a cop reason to stop you. also, with your relective tag it wont matter much. but have fun.

Comment

i still dont understand y you would do it? and like he said just cut on of the wires to it through a switch

Comment

Originally posted by jeffkiernan
            that is exactly why im doing it, so i can go around hitting people and hitting cars and take off.
            fyi: 'tis illegal in ALL states. So I guess we'll all look forward to a cop bashing topic if and when you get caught...

Originally posted by Choppers
            hockey man where did you get your clear corner lenses and what brand are they?
            I bought the fronts from ebay (new) a few years ago, but I don't remember the sellers ID. The rear's I recently bought from a member here. Again, I don't know the brand name. The rear's were used, but in grear condition.
            sigpic

Comment

the license plate light isnt that bright. and if any light at all hits it it reflects. mine bulb was out for a while til a cop say me at a party while i was pulling up and used it as an excuse to stop me and check out the party. the only thing the light will do is let a cop know that you have a license plate, from a distance, and maybe whta state your from.

Comment

please tell us why you are doing this

Comment

were you pleased with the fronts then?

hockeyman

Comment

Originally posted by Choppers
                    were you pleased with the fronts then?

hockeyman
                    Yes, but to keep them legal I had to install amber bulbs behind the clear lenses.
                    I know it's basically a theory, but since the front corners were such a pita to remove, I bought the Long Life Replacement Bulbs. They were a bit more than the regular bulbs, but once you take the corners out and reinstall, you don't ever want to do them again! Some say that the long life bulbs are a waste of money, but I didn't want to take the chance.
                    sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X