My car revs too high when driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My car revs too high when driving

Ok, when I drive normally or wanna just go around somebody and I just give it alittle gas it always revs at 3k rpms . I dont get it , I drove my dads truck the other day and when I drive normally and even when I give it alittle gas it still doesnt go over 3k rpms , it only goes over 3k when I floor it . Does anybody elses 3.4 do this or does mine only have this problem?
    And plus I think im get bad gas milage because of this . I could only get 230 miles to a tank full and I was driving it smoothly with out flooring it . I think that is terrible gas milage.

[ December 17, 2002: Message edited by: Ryan94V6 ]</p>
    2002 Grand Prix GTP- FWI Intake , flowmaster 40\'s ,3.4 pulley , and Intense racing PCM.<br />94 3.4L camaro -Lots of mods!

That's because your motor needs to rev higher to produce the required power.

Comment

sounds about right to me. I don't get good gas mileage in the city either, but on the highway i get over 30 mpg.
      New Car: 2004 GTP Comp G (Test Vehicle) 13.936@99.32 <br />Mods: Cylinder Filter,No Mufflers, 3.3\" <br />Old Car: 2000 Formula 13.124 @ 106.01 with 2.73\'s<br />Other Car: 1993 Firebird 16.1@83

Comment

cuz the 3.4 is lazy [img]tongue.gif[/img] :D

Comment

That's how the 3.4's are. I have friend with 4cyl cars that cruz at 3 grand in the city. If you want better gas milage you try a better flowing exhaust system and a filter.
          1994 Chevrolet Camaro 3.4L A4 (160hp 200tq)<br />2006 Nissan 350Z 3.5L M6 (300hp 260tq)

Comment

could be a slipping clutch
            1993 3.4 <br />Borla rear section<br />3 inch Catco High Flow Cat<br />2.75 inch I pipe (Picked one up from an LT-1 guy for a whole $10)<br />K&N Fipk <br />180° T-stat<br />Jet Stage II<br />10 Spoke Z28 Wheels<br />NGK\'s, Taylor Spiros<br />Mobil 1 synthetic<p>Email Viper2@chesnet.net for 4th gen replacement parts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X