HELP My Car is.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP My Car is.......

Ok, just was out driving my car and noticed my exhaust got alot louder I wasn't driving hard or anything and all of a sudden the engine as making a weird noise different then normal. I drove to my Dr. appointment then took it to the mechanic he thinks it may be a lower part of my engine or my motor is blown when i rev it it makes a awful noise. Im so pissed WTF this is retarded. I take good care of my baby. Why does this happen. Please help or to advise as to what i can do...
    <a href=\"http://www.saintsworth.com/z06\" target=\"_blank\">\'02 Corvette Z06</a>

you'd know if it was a blown engine... probably a leak somewhere - most likely at the exhaust manifold...
    99 3800 NBM Camaro - (Xcessive Xcelleration Racing Team)<br />Ram/Cold Air Induction (custom)<br />Modified 4l60e Valve Body<br />Z28 Catback<br />SS Hood <br />Modified 99 GM 3800II <br />JB Performance Engineering<br />jfbperformance@cox.net

Comment

well if you have this new roaring type sound whenever you rev it could possible be a bearing shot.. that's what happened to my old 2.8 right before I broke the crank.. don't worry though I doubt you have a broken crank.. after my crank broke it ran for about 10 more seconds.. after that the motor seized..

hate to sound like an @ss but "an awful noise" whenever you rev isn't much to diagnose..

[ September 27, 2002: Message edited by: black98V6 ]</p>
      -Brad
      98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
      2000 V-Star Custom 1100
      If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
      :rock:

Comment

ok it was more like a rattle and a wooshing noise there [img]smile.gif[/img]
        <a href=\"http://www.saintsworth.com/z06\" target=\"_blank\">\'02 Corvette Z06</a>

Comment

Ok, I had something similar to this happen to me last week. I knew what it was because I had just had my exhaust done. I took it back to the shop (very loud with a nasty rattle) and they said that the exhaust had come unclamped at the cat and that was what was making the sound. They fixed it for free and then gave me a cutout.

They may be trying to screw you, did you recently have exhaust work done? Did you go over a bump before the sound started? Make sure you know where the problem is (exhaust/engine) before you let them charge you for a new engine.
          1998 Firebird 3.8, A4<br />Mods: Alum Ds, Yank TC 2800 stall, Rksport lid, FTRA, SLP air temp sensor, K&N, Flowmaster catback 2.5\" w/cutout, 3:42 gears w/LSD<br />Best E/T: 15.6 @ 86 mph (w/o gears / lsd or verter)<br />Best 60: 2.234<br /><a href=\"http://www.teamfoxfire.iwarp.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.teamfoxfire.iwarp.com</a> -- club site<p>To come?: l67 piston package hardened, turbo? spray? low 12\'s? well see

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X