Setting mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting mods

Is there a way to reset the computer on my car so that it will adjust to all the new modifications I've done to it? Or does it adjust automatically? I have a friend who has a Firehawk and he told me that by turning the key to on(but not starting the car) then removing some fuses from the fusebox inside the hood. He said to turn the key back off and wait about 5 minutes then to reinsert the fuses and start up the car. He said the car would run sh*tty for about a day until the computer adjusted again. Has anyone heard about this? If it's true then which fuses do you remove?
    1999 Firebird (black)<br />Y87 package<br />Whisper lid<br />FRA<br />Raised airbox<br />K & N Filter<br />Removed MAF screen<br />180 thermostat<br />3\" catalytic converter<br />Cat-back exhaust<br />Flowmaster<br />\"Fool you can bet, that I can dance underwater and not get wet\"

you can do it that way or by disconnecting the negative battery cable on your car for about an hour.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by firebird99:
      Is there a way to reset the computer on my car so that it will adjust to all the new modifications I've done to it? Or does it adjust automatically? I have a friend who has a Firehawk and he told me that by turning the key to on(but not starting the car) then removing some fuses from the fusebox inside the hood. He said to turn the key back off and wait about 5 minutes then to reinsert the fuses and start up the car. He said the car would run sh*tty for about a day until the computer adjusted again. Has anyone heard about this? If it's true then which fuses do you remove?<hr></blockquote>

NONE! The car runs ****ty because you reset it back to the factory settings!

Leave it alone, the computer will start with the present run data and adjust as required. The computer runs with a continuous feedback loop providing updated information to the PCM from all the engine sensors.

If you think removing the power is OK for the car's computer, then stop using "Shutdown" on your PC and just unplug it from the wall when you're done. I'm sure your PC will just love it too!
      Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com

"Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Thanks for the info FirebirdGT! I still havent done anything to it, I was just wondering if it was something I was supposed to do after every mod, but now that you explained it like a pc I got the picture.
        1999 Firebird (black)<br />Y87 package<br />Whisper lid<br />FRA<br />Raised airbox<br />K & N Filter<br />Removed MAF screen<br />180 thermostat<br />3\" catalytic converter<br />Cat-back exhaust<br />Flowmaster<br />\"Fool you can bet, that I can dance underwater and not get wet\"

Comment

What you described is resetting the PCM (computer). You turn the key till the ignition is on (dont start the car), then pull the "PCM IGN" and "PCM BAT" fuses, wait 5 mins, turn the ignition off totally, then replace the fuses, bravo, your computer is reset, only really good for getting rid of SES lights tho.. mods it will learn on its own..
          \'97 v6. based out. See sig.<br />\"I\'d rather be rich than stupid\"

Comment

i have never seen any v6 fbody with a pcm ign fuse. is the fuse in the fuse cluster inside the car?
            2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X