Please Help, Two Problems!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help, Two Problems!!!

I was driving my annoying friend around to get medicine for his dog, and we got stuck in a very long traffic jam in 110-degree heat index. So on the way home I hear a loud high pitch hum coming from my fuel pump, the more I drove the louder it got. Then when I got home all my radiator tubes were bubbling like crazy, so I waited around 2 hours to check the coolant dipstick and it smelled very burnt and was discolored (dirty water, and corrosion). A few days ago when I checked my coolant dipstick it was greenish like antifreeze. I hope I did not blow a head gasket! PLEASE HELP! :(
    2002 Z28 A4
    SLP Lid | TSP Rumbler | P&P Throttle Body | No Cats | 3.42s | M/T Drag Radials | No Front Sway Bar

12.76 @ 108.42 w/ 1.90 60’

I was thinking if I did not blow a head gasket I should: flush & refill the coolant, install my 180* powerstat, put in my SLP manual fan switch, and replace the fuel pump & fuel filter.
    2002 Z28 A4
    SLP Lid | TSP Rumbler | P&P Throttle Body | No Cats | 3.42s | M/T Drag Radials | No Front Sway Bar

Comment

Some of the labs around the country that do oil analysis also accept used coolant for analysis. You could send a sample in before you do anything too drastic or expensive. I think it would cost you about $20.

They would tell you what's in your coolant and what probably is causing it, and to what degree it's a problem.
      \'00 f-bird 3.8 M5 coupe, pewter metallic<br />Torsen LSD, Pro 5.0 shifter, Spec stage 1 clutch, Y87 muffler, aftermarket stereo<br />-more fun than the Oldsmobile it replaced...

Comment

Oh yeah, I get that humming noise also when I'm stuck in traffic for a long time, but mine goes away once I get moving again.
        \'00 f-bird 3.8 M5 coupe, pewter metallic<br />Torsen LSD, Pro 5.0 shifter, Spec stage 1 clutch, Y87 muffler, aftermarket stereo<br />-more fun than the Oldsmobile it replaced...

Comment

When I got that humming noise I only had a 1/4 tank of gas, and it was 110 degree heat index outside and I was idling for awhile. Today I filled up my tank to 3/4, and went for a 10 mile drive in the heat without a peep from the fuel pump? :D Maybe it was because I did not have enough gas? PLEASE tell me if it seems like the fuel pump is ok because I really want to go to the UCF meet tomorrow night.
          2002 Z28 A4

Comment

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! [img]graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img]
            2002 Z28 A4

Comment

If oil is in coolant or vice versa, chances are you blew a head gasket or intake manifold gasket. Go drive it around. Stop occasionally and check coolant and oil. Listen for sounds and moniter the temperature, if anything is out of the ordinary, bring it to a shop and have them see.

Comment

Originally posted by L36Camaro:
                When I got that humming noise I only had a 1/4 tank of gas, and it was 110 degree heat index outside and I was idling for awhile. Today I filled up my tank to 3/4, and went for a 10 mile drive in the heat without a peep from the fuel pump? :D Maybe it was because I did not have enough gas? PLEASE tell me if it seems like the fuel pump is ok because I really want to go to the UCF meet tomorrow night.
                I know I did not blow a head gasket, I just have poor coolant to water ratio, because my dad looked at the coolant and said we should definitely flush and refill it. Now I am just worried about the fuel pump question above.
                2002 Z28 A4

Comment

I just went and talked to my friend over at Super Street and he said my fuel pump sounds like it is ok! He said it must have made noise because I had to low of gas and it was to hot outside. If someone thinks he is wrong please post. Thanks!
                  2002 Z28 A4

Comment

makes you feel any better my fuel pump makes a similar noise every now and then...

off hand how many miles did you have? i been wanting to do a coolant swap but putting off till my doc stuff is over and also wanna do a thermostat.
                    -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Thanks for posting! I only have 31,000 miles. I really hope you are going to tomorrows meet, so we can talk more about our cars. If so I will see you there! :D

[ August 02, 2005, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: L36Camaro ]
                      2002 Z28 A4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X