Grinding and popping out of only reverse anyone know why? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grinding and popping out of only reverse anyone know why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grinding and popping out of only reverse anyone know why?

I have a 1995 camaro with a 3.4 with a 5 spd man. trans for some reason you cannot put it in reverse without it grinding first unless you put it in another gear first and also once you get it and and you are backing up once you let the clutch out so far it will pop right out of gear its really frustrating any help would be high appriciated! i also call AAMCO and asked if they knew what it could be and they didnt even know and i was also told its not a syncronizer because there are none in reverse?

Re: Grinding and popping out of only reverse anyone know why?

Originally posted by black95maro
    I have a 1995 camaro with a 3.4 with a 5 spd man. trans for some reason you cannot put it in reverse without it grinding first unless you put it in another gear first and also once you get it and and you are backing up once you let the clutch out so far it will pop right out of gear its really frustrating any help would be high appriciated! i also call AAMCO and asked if they knew what it could be and they didnt even know and i was also told its not a syncronizer because there are none in reverse?

reverse in the T5 is NOT syncronized, aamco was correct. 99% of the people on this board have the grinding problem, i just put it in 4th and then reverse. as for popping out of gear, i thought that meant the tranny was on it's way out usaully? but i dont know.
    1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

i know a thing or 2 about trannies breakin on me....with it poppin out ur tranny is on the way out...grindin has always been a problem...just put it up into first then down to reverse and hold it in as u back up....its a pain but it should work

87 Firebird RIP
      96 Camaro RS RIP
      94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
      02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

gear selection detent wear could be causing it to pop out
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

wait what exactly does tha mean?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X