trying to see if a 3.4DOHC will go in my 94 FBird - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

trying to see if a 3.4DOHC will go in my 94 FBird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying to see if a 3.4DOHC will go in my 94 FBird

Does any one know if the 94 Grand Pix 3.4L DOHC will go in to a 94 FireBird with a little truble or lot

Re: trying to see if a 3.4DOHC will go in my 94 FBird

nope. i believe and fwd motor takes alot of work
    1997 Camaro LS1 RS
    1994 Camaro - Sold
    1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

it'll fit.... but it will take ALOT of work
      and the dohc weights as much as an LT1 (why I din't go thru with it)
      Wolf<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/249111/7\" target=\"_blank\">95 black t-top camaro</a>,3.4 5 speed,ud pullies,plugs/wires,de-shaft tb & gutted airbox, homemaid short throw shifter

Comment

:tup: oh i see. i would like to ues the DOHC for a twin turbo set up but i will rethink it now, i dont need all that waight and not that much power

Comment

if you get aftermerket heads it will save the motor about 50 pounds.

Comment

it might work, but all the mounting points are wrong..

if you want do anything, get a set of 3400 Al heads off a fwd engine and swap those with the intake. theres more info on this in an advanced tech sticky.. much better flow, along with less weight, for what is more or less a bolt on swap (with minor fabrication).. tuning would help a lot too, but if you are going with FI, youll need tuning anyways..
            Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

Originally posted by camaroman1181
              it might work, but all the mounting points are wrong..

if you want do anything, get a set of 3400 Al heads off a fwd engine and swap those with the intake. theres more info on this in an advanced tech sticky.. much better flow, along with less weight, for what is more or less a bolt on swap (with minor fabrication).. tuning would help a lot too, but if you are going with FI, youll need tuning anyways..
              he will need more than just the 3400 heads and intake for that swap, you also need to swap the pistons and rods for that as well or the compression is going to ruin the engine
              http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
                he will need more than just the 3400 heads and intake for that swap, you also need to swap the pistons and rods for that as well or the compression is going to ruin the engine

agreed... there are also things like injectors, different coolant temp sensors, etc... i was just mentioning the basic swap, since the rest of the info is in the sticky i referred to..
                Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

the 3.4L though a nice motor when it works, is quit possibly the most unreliable motor GM made in recent years, I would never want to ever swap that thing into anything...

Comment

that was a lot of info for me to take in thanks i will have to think some more on my project...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X