Horrible Gas Mileage anyone PLEASE help!?? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Horrible Gas Mileage anyone PLEASE help!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horrible Gas Mileage anyone PLEASE help!??

ok i have a 1995 camaro with a 3.4 that has about 90,000 miles on it I have an intake, 180 stat, wires, and exhaust with no cat. and i am getting the worst gas mileage i mean i can empty a tank in 3 days without that much driving even. i have no SES lights or anything the car does run rich though and i have no idea why. could anyone help me with getting this to normal i really need your help thanks!

Re: Horrible Gas Mileage anyone PLEASE help!??

what have you checked possible injector leak down bad o2s do you have black smoke out the tail possible fuel leak some where

Comment

How many miles are you getting per gallon?
      2002 Silver Metallic A4 Firebird - All Options
      Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

yes i do have black smoke coming out of the exhaust it gets the worse in the high rpms or if im on the freeway for like 10 min. and i hit it then it will just let out alot and i am getting about 200-250 miles per tank if im lucky :bs: lol

Comment

Originally posted by auto666
          what have you checked possible injector leak down bad o2s do you have black smoke out the tail possible fuel leak some where
          I havent checked to much i cleaned the TB, I seafoamed it, checked evap canister, tried new gas cap (autozone's solution lol) and new plugs and wires.

Comment

250 per tank is about 16 mpg. Typical range for your car in town. I have gotten anywhere from 14-18 in town depending on my aggressiveness and 20-29 on the highway.

Comment

Originally posted by kelso gringo
              250 per tank is about 16 mpg. Typical range for your car in town. I have gotten anywhere from 14-18 in town depending on my aggressiveness and 20-29 on the highway.

the 250 is if i drive extremely easy i usually get around 200 or so and anyone know why i would have the baclk smoke from my exhaust?

Comment

Black smoke would mean excess fuel. As in it's running too rich for some reason. Could be a leaky injector or a faulty O2 sensor.

Comment

my car is perfectly fine and i get about 200-250 per tank

Comment

I have had very RICH and VERY LEAN AFRs
                    I have never had black smoke even if my AFR was 10s or 9s!

Originally posted by black95maro
                    tried new gas cap (autozone's solution lol) .
                    hahahahahaha LMAO!!!
                    maybe its the blinker fluid then?

Originally posted by homedog119
                    my car is perfectly fine and i get about 200-250 per tank
                    oUr cumuros make cumeros look bad
                    Last edited by slow6; 11-05-2006, 02:12 AM.
                    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by auto666
                      your dumping fuel if you have a fuel pressure checker hook it up turn the key on check pressure turn the key off and see if it starts dropping it shouldnt drop very fast at all 1lb per minute max. if it drops to zero in under a minute thats probably your culprit other wize o2's

Comment

i get about 250 miles max out of mine, that sounds about normal to me, i am usually ~20mpg

Comment

250 would be great for me i drive fast i just cant help it i love to slam that gas pedal down

Comment

I'm at 250 and still have 1/2 tank.... :-P

But my gauge is off. I do usually get ~300 on a tank however. (best avg mpg is 27.2 so far) I bet the problems an o2 sensor... i replaced the one in my third gen and got 2-3 more mpg. black smoke...? black smoke should only come out of diesels. even with seafoam i smoked white.

Comment

Originally posted by mtcrss2006
                              I'm at 250 and still have 1/2 tank.... :-P

But my gauge is off. I do usually get ~300 on a tank however. (best avg mpg is 27.2 so far) I bet the problems an o2 sensor... i replaced the one in my third gen and got 2-3 more mpg. black smoke...? black smoke should only come out of diesels. even with seafoam i smoked white.

would anyone recommend me changing my o2 sensor would that cause the black smoke of it running rich?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X