Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, cooling problem ASAP

Help, cooling problem ASAP

2002 firebird v6, got home and the water temp gauge show the temp lower then 100. I was thinking that it was the thermostat I change it today no change, still the same problem,

also the cooling fan is on all the time as soon as you start the car, and ses light is on.

Is it safe to drive ??? and whot could be wrong with it help ????????

Re: Help, cooling problem ASAP

Maybe your stat is stuck open, it will make the car run very cool, because it will be letting all coolant flow. Take it out and inspect the spring and if its working. I am going to say its safe to drive as long as its not too cold out.

Anyone else help out....?

Comment

Wait a second....You said that you changed the stat and still the same problem?

Comment

yes i chenage the stat still same problem pleays help

Comment

My 96 only starts at 160, yours starts at 100? If your saying that basically the guage is not heating up at all then it could be just the sensor is bad. Not sure how your guage cluster works but maybe it has a sepaerate fuse for this.
          Originally posted by kala
          I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
          parting her out

Comment

Originally posted by crushedout
            My 96 only starts at 160, yours starts at 100? If your saying that basically the guage is not heating up at all then it could be just the sensor is bad. Not sure how your guage cluster works but maybe it has a sepaerate fuse for this.
            That's what I was thinking. There's most likely a fuse for the temp sensor/temp read-out that you may have blown. Check all your fuses and see if any's gone.
            ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
            A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Also somtimes the Temp sensor gets gunked up, mostly cause of Dex-Cool, check it out............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X