Firebird tail light question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firebird tail light question

This is going to sound no0bish, but I dont know much about Fireturds, only Cameros.

My buddy has a 2000 Trans Am, someone backed into him (hit 'n run) and cracked his driver side tail light. Are T/A and Firebird tail lights the exact same? If so, what years are interchangeable (ie. 98-02 or 00-02 etc.)?

I ask cuz he doesnt know as much about cars and if they are interchangeable I am going to help him shop around for a used one on here or LS1tech.

TIA
    sigpic
    1997 Camaro RS A4
    2006 Chevy Colorado
    2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Re: Firebird tail light question

Originally posted by Shodown
    This is going to sound no0bish, but I dont know much about Fireturds, only Cameros.

My buddy has a 2000 Trans Am, someone backed into him (hit 'n run) and cracked his driver side tail light. Are T/A and Firebird tail lights the exact same? If so, what years are interchangeable (ie. 98-02 or 00-02 etc.)?

I ask cuz he doesnt know as much about cars and if they are interchangeable I am going to help him shop around for a used one on here or LS1tech.

TIA
    I believe there are 3 different versions.

Your friend has "honeycomb trans am tail lights". Like this

1998-2002 Trans Am style

Now you can exchange(they remove easily by a couple wingnuts when pulling back the carpet) the firebird/trans am/etc tail lights all you want.

This is the 1993-1997 trans am style, kinda "square" lines

1993-1997 Firebird Style(I believe there is a style with "amber" lights on the sides instead of red like in the picture)

I hope this helps

~josh~

Comment

98+ are all the same.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
      Or this

Comment

Yeah he has honeycombs.

Thanks guys! :)
        sigpic
        1997 Camaro RS A4
        2006 Chevy Colorado
        2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment