Window leak, search didn't help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window leak, search didn't help!!

My passenger window leaks in the forward corner around the plastic triangle. I had my dad ride with me while I had the interior off the door and he couldn't find exactly where it was coming from either. :( I did a search and found several threads and this one seemed to have the most help. window thread I tried Camaro Bob's suggestion but that didn't work either. :( :( I then tried adjusting the hinges to make the door seat different and, suprise!!, that didn't work either. [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] ANYBODY have any other ideas?

Should I just take it to a local body shop? I've tried everything that's free, I just hate to shell out some cash for something I might be able to fix myself. Thanks in advance.
    95 Camaro 3.4L A4<br />Bosch plugs/MSD wires, K&N FIPK , Magnaflow catback, hi-flo cat, B&M Shift+, Dee\'s spacer<br />Kenwood KDX-859, eXcelon Amps, Infinity Kappa 3-way doors and Perfect10 sub<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/harbins95\" target=\"_blank\">Behold, the raw fury that is known as the 3.4!!!</a>

well I had the same problem as everyone else.. and finally that felt covered piece broke.. so instead of felt against the glass it was resting on 2 pieced of metal.. also not fixing this problem led to another problem.. the cradle that holds the window up.. (it's listed as a piece of channel) broke where this roller was riveted to it.. this cause the glass to flop.. anyway yes there are 3 or 4 adjustments behind the door panel besides just those felt covered things.. it just takes some time and patience to get everything to seal back up right..

now as far as your problem wlith it leaking around the triangle thing.. well I'd pull the plastic cover off and go from there.. I'm willing to bet you will just need to make some adjustments to the window behind the door panel..
    -Brad
    98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
    2000 V-Star Custom 1100
    If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
    :rock:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X