Now This Is Really Wierd!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now This Is Really Wierd!!

Ok, listen to this one! The first night I purchased the car, a friend of mine drove it a bit to check it out. I assume he punched it a bit, and when he returned the car was idling rough with the SES light on and the "Reduced Egine Power" light on. There was also a ticking coming from under the dash. Also keep in mind you could not give the car gas, the pedal was dead sort of speak. After a few minutes of complete disarray, I cranked the car again and everything was back to normal.
    This happened again on Tuesday, but the ticking didn't stop and the SES and REP light stayed on. The car was towed to my Dealership (HONDA)and had the aftermarket alarm removed believing it was the culprit. The car ran fine after that, until this afternoon when the problem reappeared.

Does anyone know what this ticking is? It's obviously something electrical that's setting off the "REP" light and cutting off fuel to the engine.

Need help bad!
    The car was towed to Chevrolet, but don't wanna get raped!

I understand that you don't want to get raped from the Chevy Dealer, but do you honestly want to be driving and have the car do this again? Take it to the Chevy Dealer, they'll know what the problem is.

Good Luck
    Marc
    sigpic

Comment

Does anyone have any suggestions?? I'm really curious as to what the problem is. Not interested in trying to fix it myself, but just to know what the problem may be. The car was towed to the dealership yesterday, but they won't get back to me till Monday.
      Thanks in advance for any suggestions/help

Comment

bring it to AUTOZONE to have em pull the code fo' free ;)

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
        05' CTS-V
        00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X