need help figuring out whats making noise... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need help figuring out whats making noise...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help figuring out whats making noise...

ok. car rattles...really badly. ill see if i can make a video on the way home so you can listen to it. but basically, from inside the car sounds like its coming from the y-pipe->cat area, outside the car it sounds like its coming from the back...

anyway, about a coupla weeks ago i bottomed the car out doing 80mph on a pothole (chicago pothole in CA)

anyone got any ideas? the nuts/retainers on the exhaust are all snug.. the header bolts are snug... cant think of anything else...

-R

hybrid - \'\'hI-br&d - The offspring of a cross between species.
    Co-Founder West Coast F-Bodies
    West Coast F-Bodies Car Club - WCFB Message Board

Could be your heat shields. Check out some of the post in the intake/exhaust area.
    2000 V6 Camaro(bought brand new)
    5 speed
    Project: Unreal
    Several Mods..:naughty:plus Nitrous=WEEeee:banana:

2007 Suzuki GS500F :D

Daily driver
    2007 Chevy Aveo 5
    Mods K&N air filter:excited:
    www.guardiansworlds.com

Comment

I had the same problem with a loud rattle - turned out to be my exhaust - I know you said its tight I thought mine was too - had them weld insted of using brackets and it went away.
      01 Firebird <br />Whisper Lid - K&N<br />Raised Air Lid - Free Ram Air<br />Borla Cat-Back Quad tips<br />3.42s with lsd on the way

Comment

I can all but guarantee you it's the heat shield under the passenger floorboard. I did the same exact thing goin' like 2 mph through a post office drive through. We'd just had like 8" of snow and so there was a large patch of packed ice and I just rolled right over it, but my car sits so low that it nailed the cat and shield and I immediately knew what it was, so I took it to a muffler shop here and had them weld it back for like $10. It's an easy fix.
        1992 Arctic White Firebird<br />3.1L V6, TB Coolant Bypass, CAI, Turbo Muffler, other little things.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/colinobu/MyHomepage.html\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.geocities.com/colinobu/MyHomepage.html</a> <br /><br />\". . .Finger in the air and the flag still wavin\'. . .\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X