Rerouting SES light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rerouting SES light?

I bought some new gauges for my car. I was thinking maybe when I install them I could pull the ses light bulb. THis way when I get emissions and what not it shows as being off. But I still want to know when its on. I was wondering if its possible to relocate the ses bulb?

I am pretty sure they go by the codes it pulls when doing emissions rather than looking for a light. My car failed for it being on and the print out had the misfire on cylinder 2 right there on it.

Changed a coil pack, reset the PCM, and it passed with no problem.

I doubt it would be hard to relocate. Just get some extra wire and splice it in, should be pretty simple. A simple switch is what I would go with, mount it somewhere out of the way. When it is off, it breaks the curcuit and makes the light go off. When it is on, it will let the light come on if there is an error code.

Comment

Or have zoomer in the future reprogram the PCM for the new cam once everything is figured out.
      2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
      Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dominic:
        Or have zoomer in the future reprogram the PCM for the new cam once everything is figured out.<hr></blockquote>

Do you think they can get the programming right on without the car actually being there for testing? I planned on doing this I just didnt know how well it would work. How do they know what to change without the car and the new cam being there?

Comment

man I love not having emissions :D

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
          05' CTS-V
          00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X