Can you have remote start on a manual? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you have remote start on a manual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you have remote start on a manual?

I have no clue how to even wire up anything of that sort, but I would like to have remote start/keyless entry but then I thought how would that work with a manual car? IF it is possible to work on a manual, is installing remote start/keyless entry hard(or efficient $/time wise) or should I just go to one of those audio places and have them install it(Audio Express/Custom Sound not sure if you guys have heard of those two?). Thank you

~josh~

Re: Can you have remote start on a manual?

Yes, it is possible. You just wire it up bypassing the clutch. Just remember to always leave it in neutral or have your E-brake on whenever you plan on using your remote start or else you will watch that baby start rolling without you even in it.

I did it in my truck once, left it in first gear and started it up with my remote and it rolled about 5 feet until it stopped on top of a nice parking sign. Yeah, I looked like an idiot coming out of that resturant. :(

For future reference, this topic should be posted in the Stereo/Electronics section.
    Good luck with your remote start. It's a great thing to have being that you live in Illinois, as you have a lot of cold mornings, just remember to leave your heater on full blast the night before, remote start that sucker about 10-15 minutes before you go outside to get in it and you will be a happy man when you get in, instead of being a very frozen and cold man.
    Last edited by Vanquish; 11-26-2006, 09:01 AM.

Comment

talk to strtracer98, he did it

Comment

My buddy did it to his Tacoma but he wired it so it would only start with the E-brake light lit so that there would never be any mishaps. I couls see if he can send me some dire ctions on how he did it if you want.
        Originally posted by kala
        I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
        parting her out

Comment

can someone send me like a diagram or some sort of wiring proposal?

Comment

now with bypassin the clutch...will that allow u to start the car without usin the clutch from then on? cuz if u go to the track they r gonna ask u to start the car without usin the clutch...so that could b a problem for those who wanna race if thats the case

87 Firebird RIP
            96 Camaro RS RIP
            94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
            02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

you could put in a toggle switch that bypasses the nutral saftey switch(clutch) in one position and utilizes it in the other

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                by ssms5411
                Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                1 week ago
              • RPDRed6
                For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                by RPDRed6
                Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                3 weeks ago
              • ssms5411
                No start problem
                by ssms5411
                So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X