Need jet chip help ASAP!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need jet chip help ASAP!!!!

Ok, got a service appointment tomorrow morning at the dealer and i got to take out my chip...but i'm having trouble getting it out.

This is what i have done.

1. removed fuses
    2. unscrewed the screw holding the top half of the pcm down.

The chip chip is all alone sitting there, but it seems to be stuck. I have pulled on it pretty good at it won't budge...is there something i am missing??! i didn't pull real hard cause i don't want to break anything. Are these things just a ***** to get out or something!?!?!?!?
    1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28<br />1987 Buick Grand National

I assume you have the plug on top of the jet chip out...

Get a flathead & remove the black screw in the center. It is notched so that you can do it. I'm talking about the "screw" that the other screw screws into -- it has a hole in the top. Lol, too many screws...

Then just wiggle it out and it should come right out no problem. It would be very hard to remove w/ that screw still in there though.

If you still have problems, grasp it on both ends and just pull up on one end at a time (don't yank or pull with all your might, just a good tug) and it will come loose.
    2001 75th Anniversary V6 Pewter Firebird w/ Chrome Wheels, T-Tops, & Y87<br />Mods: Free Ram Air, !Silencer, Holley Filter, Full 3\" Hooker Catback, 3\" Cat<br />Best time: 15.095 at 90.00 MPH with a 2.127 60\'

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by strobhen:
      I assume you have the plug on top of the jet chip out...

Get a flathead & remove the black screw in the center. It is notched so that you can do it. I'm talking about the "screw" that the other screw screws into -- it has a hole in the top. Lol, too many screws....
      <hr></blockquote>

I have only taken out the top screw that hooks the top of the PCM down on top of the chip...there is another screw down in that hole eh? that's probably why i couldn't get it. I couldn't even see the screw down in there...i need to check that out with some better light down in it.

Comment

Damn technology

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X