• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: numb arm

wouldnt unhooking the battery work?

Comment

well how are you suppose to know if your coils are bad if you have no electricity running through the car to make the car run? lol

Comment

back on topic guys. I shouldn't have to delete/edit this many posts
        Last edited by 97rs4life; 12-03-2006, 11:39 PM.
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

sorry 94rs

back on topic. When I had this problem with mine I had the multiple cylinder misfire code and my car was running like crap intermittently. I got out the gloves and took the screwdriver out pulled the coils. The spark on the bad coil was amazingly less powerful than the ones on the good coil. (you can tell by creating a small gap between the coil and the screwdriver)

I didnt feel like paying for coils so what I did was swap the coil with a good one from my sister's 2000 GPGT and took it in for warranty service.. SSSHHHHH
          Mystic Teal Metallic
          ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

Comment

Originally posted by teal99camaro
            sorry 94rs

back on topic. When I had this problem with mine I had the multiple cylinder misfire code and my car was running like crap intermittently. I got out the gloves and took the screwdriver out pulled the coils. The spark on the bad coil was amazingly less powerful than the ones on the good coil. (you can tell by creating a small gap between the coil and the screwdriver)

I didnt feel like paying for coils so what I did was swap the coil with a good one from my sister's 2000 GPGT and took it in for warranty service.. SSSHHHHH
            well when you had the cylinder misfire code did it feel like you lost a ****load of horsepower and like car was vibrating in a way ? cause thats what mine does and it only happens when i let the car cool down from driving and it kicks in..

Comment

thats exactly how it feeld. The endine sounded odd and shook very much. My check engine light was blinking because I would misfire so many times. It would come and go, but if i'd pound on the car it would come back. You need a new coil, now go and test em. Remove the coils from where they plug in, while the car is running. Teat each one and replace the one with the smaller spark. If they all look fine you need new plugs or a new wire, bit 99% of the time its a coil. It took me a bit longer to diagnost because my problem started as i was going down the track spraying nitrous. Scared the hell out of me.
              Mystic Teal Metallic
              ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

Comment

Originally posted by teal99camaro
                thats exactly how it feeld. The endine sounded odd and shook very much. My check engine light was blinking because I would misfire so many times. It would come and go, but if i'd pound on the car it would come back. You need a new coil, now go and test em. Remove the coils from where they plug in, while the car is running. Teat each one and replace the one with the smaller spark. If they all look fine you need new plugs or a new wire, bit 99% of the time its a coil. It took me a bit longer to diagnost because my problem started as i was going down the track spraying nitrous. Scared the hell out of me.
                word that helps i just wanted to make sure someone else experienced the same problem as me and knew what i meant

Comment

so i got the new coils and when i was doing a burnout to test my new intake one of the wires pop up of the coil so it started sputtering but i put it back on and it sputtered for like a minute and it stopped is that normal?

Comment

so you went out and did a burn out to test your new intake? Ok, a little overboard but I guess that is cool if we had pics. ;)

You probably just didn't have the wires on all the way the first time. It isn't sputtering anymore after fixing it is it?

Comment

lmao haha yup did a burnout to test my intake =p and yes No more sputtering wooooo haha thanx for the help you guys me and my friend and his shop teacher couldn't figure it out I owe you dudes one lol

Comment

k, good to hear it all works now

Comment

thanx man

Comment

Back onto this Topic... It stills sputters ... And i got New coils New Plugs New Wires And a New ICM what the hell?! What can this be? What else could it be?

Comment

could be the cat?

Comment

What cat? lol you mean the catalytic converter?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X