How do you remover the front blinker bulb? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you remover the front blinker bulb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you remover the front blinker bulb?

I have a 1999 and the blinker is out. I have found the housing unit for the blinker but I can't seem to figure out how to dislodge it. Is there some special button that I should be pressing for it to release?
    Red \'99 3.8<br />Induction: SLP Cold Air Intake, K&N Air Filter, Whisper Lid<br />Ignition: Taylor Spiro-Pro Wires, Bosch Platinum 2 Plugs<br />Suspension: Power Slot Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Mille Miglia MM11-2 18x9, Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 245/40-18

is this a firebird or camaro?
    99 3800 NBM Camaro - (Xcessive Xcelleration Racing Team)<br />Ram/Cold Air Induction (custom)<br />Modified 4l60e Valve Body<br />Z28 Catback<br />SS Hood <br />Modified 99 GM 3800II <br />JB Performance Engineering<br />jfbperformance@cox.net

Comment

It's a Camaro.
      Red \'99 3.8<br />Induction: SLP Cold Air Intake, K&N Air Filter, Whisper Lid<br />Ignition: Taylor Spiro-Pro Wires, Bosch Platinum 2 Plugs<br />Suspension: Power Slot Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Mille Miglia MM11-2 18x9, Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 245/40-18

Comment

If it's the little 194 bulb, you just have to twist it and it will come out. If it's the 3157 bulb then you have to push in on the side of the bulb harness to twist it in order to get it out. If you feel around on it you should be able to feel what you need to push in. It's a real PITA to do. Just kind of feel it out, and good luck.
        - JT3<br />1998 Red V6 Camaro Y87 Y3F - J.E.T. Chip Stage II - Clear Parking Lights - Removed Grill - K&N - Whisper Lid - !FRA MOD - MAF Screen Removed - Pro 5.0 - Pacesetter Headers - Magnaflow Catback - 32mm Front Swaybar - And A System(bump bump)

Comment

It's the 3157 bulb. So you push it in (towards the front of the car) and then twist? Or where the wire meets the housing you push it in there and then twist?

Comment

I think he's saying that you have to reach your arm in there and push on either side of the piece that the bulb fits into in order to twist the bulb out. But that's just what I think he's saying :D

Comment

I attacked that blinker from the underside of the car cause there was just NO way from the hood. Who ever said it was a...... "SOB to change." Amen to that. The space you have to work with is way small but I was able to change it in about 5 min.

Thanks fellas.

Comment

For future reference, just pop out the headlamp assembly on the side of the signal you want to change. The DRL/turn signal bulb is right underneath it. This makes it super easy to change and you don't have to get under the car. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X