Weird sounds from exhaust. Fuel smell. Car stuttering..... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird sounds from exhaust. Fuel smell. Car stuttering.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird sounds from exhaust. Fuel smell. Car stuttering.....

All this happened today as i was going out of mcDonalds. So im there waiting for traffic to pass when i decide to go the car seamed kind of slugish in a way, but also kind of stuttering.

Also if your at a red light the car vibrates more than usual.

Something else ive noticed is that if your at a red light and then you hit the gas the exhaust makes more of a deep sound, than it did yesterday.

Also my exhaust smells too much like gas.

what could it be? The car is all stock.
    My car has GPS trackin\',traffic alert,its own phone #,PS2,screens. And What da H3ll,When I Turn da key it says \"You\'ve got mail\"..... <br />I swear and promise.. I\'ve had more cars then Charlie Thomas.. bounces in a Monte\' that hopped.. Pimped old skoo Blazer on Chopz, Today Its a Camaro at all da plya spots.

**update**......just right now while i was putting it into the garage, i reved the RPM's up to 3.5k for about 15 seconds.

Then i got out and theres this big cloud of white smoke that smells like antifreeze coming out of the tail pipe.

this doesnt look to good for my car.
    My car has GPS trackin\',traffic alert,its own phone #,PS2,screens. And What da H3ll,When I Turn da key it says \"You\'ve got mail\"..... <br />I swear and promise.. I\'ve had more cars then Charlie Thomas.. bounces in a Monte\' that hopped.. Pimped old skoo Blazer on Chopz, Today Its a Camaro at all da plya spots.

Comment

maybe a blown headgasket :(

Comment

This morning i proceed to top off my radiator. I put in about a liter and half of water.

I took a short 10 minutre drive to my cousins house. On the way back the cars tempeture gauge was right on the first red line.

I proceed to turn on my A/C so the fan would come on. The fan did nothing to lower the tempeture.

Untill i started driving going about 50 did it go down about 1/4 of the way.

I got home and you could hear the water boiling inside the tank.

man this is getting serious, i cant even take it to my mechanic to get it checked out if its going to heat up like this.

Comment

Check you oil. If it is a light tan or a milky color, that is not good. It sounds like you have a head gasket out of it. Sorry to say, they are very expensive if you take it somewhere

Comment

Oh yeah, if the coolant in your overflow is bubbling, that is usually air or exhaust from your cylinders being pushed into your coolant system.

Comment

i checked the oil on the dip stick, it looks normal.

its due for an oil change in 200 miles so its kinda dirty. but nothing out of the ordinary

Comment

If you are overheating and white smoke is coming out the exhaust, it sounds like you blew a head gasket. Not a good situation. Do you have a problem starting it up in the morning? If you do, it could be water in the cylinders, which doesn't compress. Sounds like a bad situation.
                <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

No there is no difficulty starting it in the morning.

How much is it to replace the head gasket(s)?

I got someone who will do the labor for free. All i need to know is how much are the parts. If a pro will be fixing this how long should it take?

Comment

Started the car today (its been sitting in the garage for a while) and it gave me a hard start.

So i let it run for like 30 sec, then i turned it off. I then looked at the oil and its a light tan milkey color, the oil is very watery.

theres also a puddle or water and oil under the car.

Man it sure does hurt to see you car go through this type of this. Looks like its going to need open engine surgery.

Comment

I got an estimate from my mechanic for $600.00 it will take 2 days according to my mechanic.

Is this a good deal?

Comment

i had the same exact problem with my car minus the overheating and add a puddle of oil. I had it repaired about a month ago. i paid $500 for labor and parts but unluckly for them it ended up being a 15 hour job done for the price of a 5 hour job they quoted me at.

Unfortunatley the car still smells like gas. Better get that checked out

Comment

$600 is a great deal for head gaskets. Is that including parts? Even if not its still about the right price. It will take I would guess 6-8 hours labor for a pro to do it.

Yep sounds like you have a blown head gasket. I replaced my gaskets and it wasnt no walk in the park. It was a hard job. Our cars get kind of tough to work on. But once all the intakes are off and you get all the electrical out of the way it goes pretty fast.

Comment

Yes that was including parts. Total was 675, B/C hes going to send in the radiator to get cleaned out cause it was all rusted on the inside.

All i have to buy is spark plugs and oil + Filter. I baught some Rapid Fire spark plugs. And i also picked up the larger oil filter so i can use all 5 qts.

Comment

Re: Weird sounds from exhaust. Fuel smell. Car stuttering.....

damn. I just blew my head gasket because my car overheated. And my radiator has alot of rust in it as well and is makking my car misfire. My mechanic is saying its gunna cost about 1500-2000 to fix and replace everything. That seems like a **** load more then what, 700?

-Noah

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X