How do you test a fuel injector to see if it's working? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you test a fuel injector to see if it's working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you test a fuel injector to see if it's working?

How do you test a fuel injector to see if it's bad or not?
    1993 Camaro 3.4L A4 many mods comin for 2004<br /><br />\"The last thing I wanted was to get in a fight in Jackson, Mississippi on a Saturday night\"

you aren't without specialized equipment, the only way I can think to check would be to get a good one, replace the one you think is bad then see if the car is running better.
    -Brad
    98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
    2000 V-Star Custom 1100
    If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
    :rock:

Comment

if I remember correctly fuel injectors just require a charge... give them the correct charge and they give you fuel. Don't remember the correct voltage tho magnus probably does.
      00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

If you have a digital multimeter, you can measure ohms across the terminals. You shouldn't get more than a couple ohms (or 12-14 ohms if you have to measure a bank of three). This will let you know if the injector is good electrically, not mechanically.

Comment

I believe a noid light is used to check and see if an injector is bad, but those things are rare and usually only found in auto repair shops. If you need to know mechanically though, not sure. The noid light only checks for electrical.
          1995 Pontiac Firebird
          2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

for mechanically seeing if they're ok, you could bring them to a shop to have them flowchecked. there's a shop here that does them for $5/ea. they charge $25/ea to clean them, just to give you an idea of pricing.

--matt

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated again due to fire
              by ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
              1 week ago
            • RPDRed6
              For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
              by RPDRed6
              Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
              3 weeks ago
            • ssms5411
              No start problem
              by ssms5411
              So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X