• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did a search...

on headgaskets and didn't find sh*t.

So here are my symptoms:

P0300 random multiple cylinder missfire
    And every now and then I get codes where she's running lean.

Just...yeah she acts funny as hell. Also...why the hell is my converter red hot!??!!?

Somewhere my exhaust got hella-loud, because at idle she sounds like an LT-1 motor now. =o!!!

Re: I did a search...

it is red hot because it is clogged and you are two steps away from some serious problems. you need to cut that thing out and get another one. then see if your other problems persist.
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I figured as much. It's a newer converter too. =(

Comment

Oh just for future reference, this is a 98 Firebird, 3800 V6.

Comment

your cat is clogged up and causing the code and the red hot color. Get that thing replaced and if it was recently, check for a warranty on it
          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Moses
            I figured as much. It's a newer converter too. =(
            Is it GM, or an aftermarket cat?
            Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com

"Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

if you need a new cat moses i have a carsound cat brand new in box sitting in my room. 3in 3out high flow i was going to put it on my car but im thinking about selling it and running no cat.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
              http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
              Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber
                if you need a new cat moses i have a carsound cat brand new in box sitting in my room. 3in 3out high flow i was going to put it on my car but im thinking about selling it and running no cat.
                Same here, got a hi-flow in my basement but its just sitting there
                Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Actually, after inspection, looks like the weld right after the cat blew apart and is why she's so god damn loud. lol. So basically her "muffler" is the cat. Is this more than likely why she's glowing red hot too? It's a pretty damn new cat, maybe a year old at most.

Comment

no the only way your cat will glow is if your running suuuuper rich or its pluged. Do you run alot of octane boosters

Comment

^ none.

I may have figured it out. where the exhaust came apart, the pipe is blocking a part of the cat. and some of the exhaust smoke swirled back inside the cat...creating a sh*t-ton of backforce.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses
                        ...creating a sh*t-ton of backforce.
                        That must be a lot.
                        Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

sure is. Equals to the amount of rosanne bar's weight factor.

Comment

OOookay, I pushed my pipes back together. My cat is supposedly going out. Could this be why I have a random multiple cylinder miss fire? She was throwing two lean codes earlier. Uhm, also, The main question, should I blame my cat for the random multiple cylinder miss fire, or the headgasket? or both? No antifreeze in my oil or any other fluids mixing, but that never says anything about teh' internals. Some does come out the exhaust, I think it does at least, it's pretty cold here now and she smokes a little, but I don't know what's too much... I've seen some pretty bad smoke before come out of a car with a bad gasket/head.

Comment

When I got a random cylinder misfire it was because I needed to change my plugs and wires. Do you have any misfire or sluggish performance? Is your SES light actually on or it's just showing up when scanned?
                              Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                                by ssms5411
                                Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                                1 week ago
                              • RPDRed6
                                For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                                by RPDRed6
                                Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • ssms5411
                                No start problem
                                by ssms5411
                                So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X