got a loss of power, need some help! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

got a loss of power, need some help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got a loss of power, need some help!

Well guys it's been a while since I have been on here. Just been busy with work, and plus the camaro's been running good until about now.

These are somethings I have changed out within the past year (and all have less than 5,000 miles) on them. Plugs, Wires, EGR, TPS, IAC, IAT, ECT, Fuel Filter. Oil and filter will be changed soon, along with checking the fluids etc...

Today I was driving around, and every now and then, it seems funny when I step on it, like it takes a second to know I am stepping on the gas to go. I can't peel out from a dead stop, can barley get it to peel out around a turn if I tried. The cat and muffler have been replaced (regular cat and flowmaster). The cat maybe has 10,000 miles on it.

Now, when I park my car after it has seemed to loose power, I can smell/feel heat near the drivers side. Sometimes a smell of gas, other times just a foul stinkey smell. This is not all the time. Sometimes I don't get any smells and the car just works right, and other times I get the smell of gas and just a foul smell. I couldn't say it is rotten eggs or anything since I haven't smelt rotten eggs in the days.

It just seems like it has lost power. Along with my surging idle in the mornings the car has worked ok. The power loss I can't take for too long as it is a major annoyance. I will change out the 02 sensors if that is becomming a problem. My car has 65,000 miles on it. I just don't know where to start on the power loss since it is not all the time, just some times.

Please let me know of anything to try or what could cause this. I get no SES light. Camshaft sensor has always acted funny with read/misread but someone told me that is ok and not to worry about that. I will change that sensor out along with the 02's if that is an idea to fix my problem. I just dont get what is wrong with my car.

Please help,
    Chris

I was going to say try the O2 sensors....Also, double check your oil, see if it smells unusual (burnt?), also check your tranny fluid, same thing.
    Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

Well I will change the oil this weekend, clean throttle body, and clean air filter. I will probably pick up a nice injector/cat/upper cylinder treatment. We'll give that a shot and see. It is just a weird problem that seems to come and go.

Thanks for the response.

I will also be chaning o2 sensors probably before halloween. Any idea's on cheapest place to get some?

Thanks,
      Chris

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X