After Swap...nothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Swap...nothing

So i finally got everything in 3.8 swap to 3.8 filled all fluids and put the key in, lights up as usual, go to start and NOTHING! I have double checked all ground wires and all electrical connectors. Any ideas? Motor was a 2001 3.8 going into a 1999 3.8 camaro. Only thing switched was timing sensor and temp. sensor...besides that everything else hooked right up. I am really disappointed and am out of hope...

Re: After Swap...nothing

does it make any sounds? Do you hear the fuel pump turning on and such?
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

I did the same swap 99 bird with 00 engine, if it turns over but dosnt fire then your having the same problem i did. But other than that id say its your electrical. Did the new engine come with a harness, or a pcm?

'96 Trans Am M6:) Cam, lifters, 1.6rr, lt4 springs, 4 bolt mains, long tubes, TDs, short throw...etc
      '99 Firebird SOLD 1/4 mile 15.4 @ 86
      '66 Ford SOLD

Comment

yes fuel pump turns on and you can hear it pressurizing (?) and the lights come on and stereo comes on....just when I start it sounds like the started kicks in for a split second then nothing......

Comment

I'd blame possibly, the starter solenoid. Check the battery juice too. Does weird stuff.

Pull the starter off and have it check as well, it's worth a shot.

I did my uim and lim on my 94 3100 Grand Am myself, and did the dumbest thing ever...I forgot to put one of the ground wires back onto the starter, so everything was fine...but when I turned the key, nothing!!! lol, so maybe while you're pulling off the starter you might notice something stupid like that...

Comment

would a low battery cause some lights in the dash and the seat belt sound to go off kind of sporadically? normally u open the door and its like ding ding ding but now its like dinidnidnidnindingindigndignidngi and the seat belt like and others blink extremely fast...aslo the speedo and RPM shoot up from time to time when moving the key through various positions...........

Comment

Originally posted by FireBird_Fr3ak
              I did the same swap 99 bird with 00 engine, if it turns over but dosnt fire then your having the same problem i did. But other than that id say its your electrical. Did the new engine come with a harness, or a pcm?
              did not come with a computer or wiring harness? Every connector hooked into the same place I am so confused because the wiring routed perfectly and every plug hooked up fine all that had to be switched as far as wiring was the temp sensor.

Comment

test the battery and charge it. Might be dead or shot and giving you problems

Comment

Originally posted by Tech
                  would a low battery cause some lights in the dash and the seat belt sound to go off kind of sporadically? normally u open the door and its like ding ding ding but now its like dinidnidnidnindingindigndignidngi and the seat belt like and others blink extremely fast...aslo the speedo and RPM shoot up from time to time when moving the key through various positions...........

that sounds like it doesn't have enough resistance in the electrical circuit system...or somethin'

Comment

Check your grounds and try a known, good battery. A couple of weeks ago I was doing a little work on my car (02 bird) and had ONLY ONE innocent-looking little ground wire disconnected..... it was doing all kinds of weird stuff. With all these electronics these days, cars are very sensitive to bad grounds.
                    2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

a low battery can cause a lot of really weird stuff to happen
                      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

When i did my swap on first startup i put on a bat charger on trickle charge for a little extra boost to get it turned over.

'96 Trans Am M6:) Cam, lifters, 1.6rr, lt4 springs, 4 bolt mains, long tubes, TDs, short throw...etc
                        '99 Firebird SOLD 1/4 mile 15.4 @ 86
                        '66 Ford SOLD

Comment

I think it would be the battery. Does some wierd things sometime. On my buddies LS1 the speedo and tach and such jump and suck when you connect and disconnect the battery.

Comment

it runs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it ****ing runs!!!!!!!!!!!! OMFG IT RUNS!!! The battery post was corroded so when we had the charger on it, it was doing nothing. Tightened the post, turned the key and sputtered for about 2 seconds and fired up. I was scared at first because a lifter was ticking but it quieted up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG IM SO HAPPY

Comment

good to hear it is running

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X