Fuel pump v6/lt1 compatability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel pump v6/lt1 compatability

I still can't find the answer for this question. I need to buy a fuel pump tonight. Is there any diff. between a fuel pump in a v6 or an lt1? I'm looking at buying this one from summitracing.com, it's the Granatelli Motorsports F-body In-tank Fuel Pump for like $125. It's a 255lph pump is it basically a kit with a walboro? And will I be alright with this pump? Has anyone used it or have any thoughts? Thanks

You'll be fine with that one. There's no difference between the LT1/V6 pumps that Walbro makes. I've got the same 255 pump you're talking about, it works great and I didn't have any trouble with installing it.
    Psykopig16: well the car will run with a broken crank..<br />RevLimit478: yeah, it\'ll run like a fat kid in summer

Comment

Thanks dude, I really appreciate the help, I been trying to figure that out from 3 fuel pump related posts already. It's hard sometimes to get the help you need on this board. But thanks again.

Comment

Yep, that's the pump I run too. If it makes any difference and you didn't already order, we have them in stock ready to ship! I could price match summit to help you out also if you like:)
        <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

Crap I already ordered it.

Comment

No problem man, glad I could help you out. Sometimes it seems like everyone knows what they're talking about, so if you don't, no amount of search results fill you in. Are you going to put the pump in yourself or take it to a shop? If you're going to do it yourself and decide you don't want to go the route of dropping the tank, here's the link to the install guide I used to help me. Pump Install
            Psykopig16: well the car will run with a broken crank..<br />RevLimit478: yeah, it\'ll run like a fat kid in summer

Comment

Yea i'm def going to do it myself. I doubt a shop would want to make those cuts, or let me use my own pump. If I did it there way it'd probably cost me a grand. But while I wait for my pump i'm gonna make the cuts sat night. I'm going to cut a start marker then use tin snips to precisely cut the rest. Tomorrow i'm going to get some sheet metal from work and start working on a replacement door too that has a slightly larger lip. Hopefully it will go real smooth. I don't forsee any problems. But thanks for your help again.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X