Engine overheat update!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine overheat update!

Okay I real good with my car but I am ashamed of this. I basicaly have no coolant in the car. I pulled this dipstick out and the coolant looked like orange mashed potatoes. I do my oil, tuneups and mods myself and I cant believe I let this slip by. Anyway, I need to flush the system and get some new Dexcool. What the best way to flush it myself?
    Mods: SLP CAI, SLP loudmouth, Removed MAF screen, Remote Fog lights, Taillight Blackouts, \"Firebird\" in third brake light all on Kumho 245/50 R16\'s

Orange-mashed-potatoes... what does your oil look like? If it looks like th egravy that should go with it, you have a head-gasket leak
    Joel<br />God is my copilot, but Satan has his foot on the gas!<br />94 3.4L AutoCamaroRagtop w/MSD ignition,Accelcoilpacks,K&N FIPK,BMR SFC&STB,3\"Catco w/3\"catbackSS muffler,JetStage 2,HomemadePIAAheadlightconversion <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/cardiac1968\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.geocities.com/cardiac1968</a>

Comment

They said Dexcool turns into that sludge crap, you might want to get it flushed and go with the green stuff. I havn't had a problem with Dex tho.

If it's a head-gasket leak, you can get this fluid you hold over the opening in the radiator I believe. It will be a dark color and turn light if you have a head gasket leak, the exhaust will come up through and change the fluid colors.
      <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

As for my oil, I just changed it and my oil looks good but my dexcool was just an orange sludge. Im definatly flushing it.
        Mods: SLP CAI, SLP loudmouth, Removed MAF screen, Remote Fog lights, Taillight Blackouts, \"Firebird\" in third brake light all on Kumho 245/50 R16\'s

Comment

I had the same problem, minus the overheating.

Heres what i did:

Take the battery out, and pull the coolant overflow resivour. Flush the crap out of it with a hose, like 10 times. Next, make sure the drain plug in the radiator is CLOSED, and pressure wash (with a hose, not a power washer or anything) the radiator. You should have chunks of Dexcool coming out of the top of the radiator. Once the chunks stop, open the drain plug and flush the radiator like 7 times or so. Then clean the block. I would fill the radiator, then start the motor and let the water run through to clean anything out of the block, then drain everything again. I did this process about 3 times. I got EVERY friggin drop of that orange crap out.

Then, i got the green stuff, filled it up with 50/50 mix, and to this day its been fine.

Good luck with it, and just a little advice. DONT USE DEXCOOL AGAIN! that stuff sucks

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated again due to fire
            by ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
            1 week ago
          • RPDRed6
            For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
            by RPDRed6
            Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
            3 weeks ago
          • ssms5411
            No start problem
            by ssms5411
            So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X