This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sea foam HELP!!!

just sea foamed my car bake through booster line, engine oil, and gas tank. Got a reduced engine power light and a ses light???? I cant get up most hill in my neighborhood and I'm mashing the gas too help please anyone. I did followed the sticky too

Re: sea foam HELP!!!

alright the reduced engine power is gone now and it drives like a bat out of hell but I still got the ses light on so I'm going to go to auto zone and get it cleared. I kinda freaked out when I couldnt make it up the drive way and had to drive through the yard lol.

Comment

ses light isnt on anymore but I think it is still stored in the car if im not mistakin? Anyone else have this happen to them with the reduced power and such? Also when I was puting it in the brake booster line it kept stallin because, I think wasnt putting it in at a good rate, I was going to slow and every time it stalled it blew white smoke out of the line. I just want to know if I F**ked anything up. Any comment are greatly appreciated thanks.
      Last edited by gotchocmilk39; 12-28-2006, 02:40 PM.

Comment

So did you bother reading the seafoam thread?

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=70640

Comment

Originally posted by blown00
          So did you bother reading the seafoam thread?

Originally posted by gotchocmilk39
          I did followed the sticky too
          I think he did

Comment

the code should be in the computer yet and did you change your plugs after seafoaming?

Stalling is normal and expected
            http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

doesn't it say in the faq that its known to stall like that? I've never done this (won't) and knew this.

Comment

the vehicles I've sea foamed didn't have any stalling issues (95 blazer & the Bird w/3.4).......
                1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                94 comero 3.4

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
                  the code should be in the computer yet and did you change your plugs after seafoaming?

Stalling is normal and expected

Yes the stalling is normal but it was so hard to keep it from not stall when i wasnt even putting the sea foam in. New NGX iridium plugs are going in soon with a whole tune up. New oil in less than 200 miles.

Comment

I would change it sooner than 200 miles. Especially if the car has over 50k miles already. I don't know who came up with the 200 mile rule after seafoaming, but it will be all gunked up and disgusting around 50 miles later.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquish
                      I would change it sooner than 200 miles. Especially if the car has over 50k miles already. I don't know who came up with the 200 mile rule after seafoaming, but it will be all gunked up and disgusting around 50 miles later.
                      Ya it haas about 67k on the dot thank I will change it sooner.

Comment

well from my experiances with Seafoam in a bunch of different vehicles, the power loss is expected, so is the SES light. if you add it to your oil, change the oil SOON! as in 50 miles or so. You will be suprised how much crap is in it. I normally do an oil change from my normil oil to some cheap oil and Fram filter, add the Seafoam to the oil, Idle it in my Driveway about 30 mins, cool, Idle another 30 mins, cool and change. almost alwyas comes out BLACK and nasty. depending on how nasty I might just put cheap oil back in for a few days and let it flushout a bit more crap before I go putting Mobile 1 back in. remember, just cause you drain out the oil that you added the Seafoam to, there is still some residue in the block breaking stuff loose. If your motor is High Mileage like mine is there will most likley be a lot of crud in it.

Comment

Originally posted by stealthy-one
                          there is still some residue in the block breaking stuff loose. If your motor is High Mileage like mine is there will most likley be a lot of crud in it.
                          Sorry for another post about seafoam, and for robbing a thread, but it was the only one left open.

With the buildup of crud (225 000 KM) in the oil, do you think that it would be possible to loosen enough of this crud from the inside, and possibly start leaks? Also, if it were possible to break too much loose, and start leaks, It would still be worth adding to the gas tank and brake booster I assume?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X