NGK TR55-IX = Yeeha!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGK TR55-IX = Yeeha!

Popped in a set of NGK iridiums on my lunch break today and felt a nice increase in performance! I noticed fuel milage was pretty bad lately, and the stock AC's looked ok, but they must have not been firing very well. I also noticed that the car started much easier than it has been lately. If anyone is thinking about getting some NGK TR55-IX's, I say [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] !!!

Brendan
    2000 Camaro L36 M49
    I am a man, I can change... if I have to.... I guess.....<br /><br />-Red Green

Yea i got some NGK's put in over the summer and noticed a difference right away. Started up better then ever and car reacted better when hitting the gas. Havent had any problems with them since, its been about 8,000 miles.
    1996 BLack Camaro 3.8L V6 w/ Flowmaster 80 series, NGK plugs, SLP CAI, custom ram air mod, 600watt Kenwood and 2 10\' JL audio subs.

Comment

You just "popped" a set in? You are a GOD!! [img]graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img]
      <br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/nitroxxx28\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/nitroxxx28</a>

Comment

all within his lunch break... damn.. you are good..

anywho.. congrats on the fix of things
        96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Devilboy28:
          You just "popped" a set in? You are a GOD!! [img]graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

He's got a 2000, so the tubular manifolds make it much easier to change. ;)
          Matt
          1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
          Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

It was the first time I did them on this car, but it wasnt that hard. It took me twice as long to do them on my Beretta, and that was after lots of practice. [img]smile.gif[/img] The drivers side was easy, the passenger was a little harder but it might be because I'm right handed. It helped for me to actually sit on top of the battery, made access easier. I would hate to do the plugs on a non-tubular manifold though.

Brendan
            2000 Camaro L36 M49
            I am a man, I can change... if I have to.... I guess.....<br /><br />-Red Green

Comment

NGK's own.
              i have them on my DSM
              NGK Bpres something or another, i forget which ones.

i can change my plugs in like 2 minutes btw [img]tongue.gif[/img]
              neer neer fbody owners. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

how much are those iridium plugs? i just bought a new set of ac delco, that is what i was told to stick with by a few people.

Comment

yea stick with ac delco... if your cheap....
                  00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                    Good to see the site is back up
                    by 2.8 Bird
                    So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                    3 hours ago
                  • FirebirdGT
                    New Site Hosting Issues
                    by FirebirdGT
                    All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                    1 week ago
                  • LETZRIDE
                    New Owner!
                    by LETZRIDE
                    I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                    4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X