3.4 ngk vs rapidfire...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4 ngk vs rapidfire...

For the past year I've been using AC Delco rapidfires and they've been pretty good. My question is should I upgrade to NGKs or stay where I am?
    <b> \'95 Camaro 3.4L A4 <i>Rikku</i><br />AutoX - Drift - Street </b><br />\"Sideways is faster.\"

I tired several brands, never tried NGKs, seemed I like rapidfires the best, no differnece in performance but they seemed ot last longer.

Comment

I have used NGK plugs in just about every thing but my camaro.
      They work great in lawn mowers, regular to high proformance snow mobiles, ATV's, other cars.
      \'85 Z28, T-tops new LG4 and TH700<br />\'85 3.4L 5-speed<br />mods: <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/oil_pan_4\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/oil_pan_4</a> the nitrous exhaust O2 safety, pg 3. <br />Areo space materal engineer wantabe

Comment

NGK gives a better spark IMO and are a lot cheaper than the Delco Rapidfires. $12 vs $33 for the Delcos. But the RapidFires can last anywhere from 45K-60K. I would use NGK except for the fact that I'd have to replace them every 15K-20K miles to get the best performance. After 20K miles they just aren't as great to a point it becomes noticeable at idle. And when I change them out I notice the #1 cylinder is always out of gap meaning much more gap than spec. The Rapidfires give smooth idle up until 40K and when I change them out the gap hasn't changed much or at all.

In this case, you get what you pay for.
        FRANKLIN H. <br />1995 Silver Camaro L32 <br />K&N,Flowmaster,HPP,160*,1LE,Zexel-Torsen,ES,BFG,Michelin,Bilstein,Eibach,C5 rims,!CAT,!AC

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X