Changing a Brake Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing a Brake Pump

Alright... Suddently my tires were like locking , like if i was pressing the brake when i really wasnt.. So i called up a mechanic and asked him a few questions and he said that the problem was the brake pump . Ok so i took the old pump off and i set the new one in. Now the part where im suppose to cover up both holes pump the brake and then i uncover the 2 holes it has on the pump and fluid only comes out through one. I got told that its suppose to be coming out from both holes . So i went back to autozone and got another pump and im getting the same problem. Could something else be causing this? People down here say that the brake pumps that autozone sells arent that good. So im guessing right now that its the pumps. But im not sure thats why im asking here. So if any one can help me i would really appreciate it. And sorry for my spelling im not from here..

Thanks
    94 red Camaro V6 3.4L T tops stock

you mean the master cylender ?
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

yeah the master cylender..

Comment

hey man the master cylinder isnt that hard to change out its just time consuming because of where its mounted.

My dad purchased a master cylinder for his 91 GMC truck and its held up very nicely and its still good. Auto Zone sells good parts.

Comment

Yeah they do sell good parts. This is the 3rd master cylinder we bought and we get teh same thing . Something else has to be wrong. Im going to do some more research on this. For some reason it only bleeds oil through one side and not the other...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated again due to fire
            by ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
            1 week ago
          • RPDRed6
            For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
            by RPDRed6
            Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
            3 weeks ago
          • ssms5411
            No start problem
            by ssms5411
            So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X