Injector Ticking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injector Ticking

I have recently installed heads/cam/headers/P&P intakes, and now that the car is back together I am having some trouble with what I believe to be as an injector ticking. Car seems to run good but this injector is loud. Does it need to be replaced?

That seems to be pretty common with the 3.8's.
    --Traded In--<br />1998 Navy Blue Metallic Camaro (RS)<br />3.8L V6 w/4L60E Auto<br />Sport Appearance Package<br />T-Tops - Loaded<br />_ _ _ _ __________________ _ _ _ _ <br /><br />--New--<br />2003 Victory Red S10 Xtreme w/Silver Stripes<br />2.2 L4 w/MW2 5 Speed Manual<br />LS Package

Comment

Its not the common injector tick. This one is very loud.

Comment

are you sure it's not an exhaust leaks.. also about a year ago i put new plugs and wires on my car. one of my plugs was not tight all the way and my car made a huge ticking sound. very very loud for a tick. i was losing power too. this went on for some time and took me aehile to figure out one one my plugs was not tight... i fixed it and the tick was gone and the car had so much more power. it was a night a day difference..

just giving you some ideas ;)
        97 CAMARO RS<br />12.9@103mph<br />best 60ft..1.9 ( on street tires)<br /> 1.7 (on gas)<br />turbo supra 12.5@119mph (street tires)<br />new times to come sporting the sp63gt

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mike malloy:
          are you sure it's not an exhaust leaks.. also about a year ago i put new plugs and wires on my car. one of my plugs was not tight all the way and my car made a huge ticking sound. very very loud for a tick. i was losing power too. this went on for some time and took me aehile to figure out one one my plugs was not tight... i fixed it and the tick was gone and the car had so much more power. it was a night a day difference..

just giving you some ideas ;)
          <hr></blockquote>

We used a pipe and put it against things. Then put our ear on the other side of the pipe. The tick is definatly the loudest from the fuel rail. So I figured its gotta be injectors? I am going to pull them and have them flow tested.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X