where is the best place..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where is the best place..

ok my friend has a 99 z-28, so anyone with a camaro w/ year 98 or above may be able to help. we just got component speakers, so we got the sub in the Doors 6" i believe.. and then we are trying to find the best place to mount the component speaker. we are thinking about putting it on the plastic triangular piece where the (manual sideview mirror) control would have been.. or somewhere drilled into the door..we are leaning toward the triangular piece, u guys think thats the best place? secondly when u have component speakers theres a box that comes for the wiring, where is the best place to put the component box?
    1994 3.4L Dark Green Camaro - Tan Cloth Interior<br />Mods - Flowmaster, High Flow Cat, K&N Filter, Window Tint, Premium Sound system (2 subs custom box, New 99 Z28 style Rims/Tires, New Clutch<br /> More to come!

If he doesn't have auto lock and windows you can put the speakers where those switches normally go. For further information go HERE

[ December 24, 2003: Message edited by: smcruikshank ]</p>
    Stephen Cruikshank<br /><br />Selling some stuff so all I have left is the FRA, !MAF Screen, whisper lid, Holley PowerShot, 3\" catback, and 160* thermo on the car<br /><br />I Practice Street S.M.A.R.T.S. - do you?

Comment

The best place to put component speakers is in the vents, seriously. I had mine mounted there, worked great, and still had a functional vent. The reason why I had them mounted on the vent is because if I would have mounted them on the windshield, that glue would be everywhere, and why they weren't mounted on the dash or any other interior part was because the material of the interior takes away a little of the sound coming out of those little components. By putting them in the vents, they are not seen, mounting them on a metal piece doesn't take away from the sound, and they fit perfectly inside those vents.
      1995 Pontiac Firebird
      2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

ok well i just finished up completely installing them yesterday. i ended up drilling holes (where the manual sideview mirror control would have been) on that triangular piece. it is screwed in and sticky tape'd in.. looks perfect and is a perfect fit. honestly ive never done anything like this before we did a complete rewire for the system and it sounds great. i am the man! i was a little worried when i cut the harness lol.. i was like please god please be the right wires. but i hooked it up just right and the camaro sounds great, very full, complete sound with a nice bass kick as well.. thanks for the help tho w/ that website and the other responses!
        1994 3.4L Dark Green Camaro - Tan Cloth Interior<br />Mods - Flowmaster, High Flow Cat, K&N Filter, Window Tint, Premium Sound system (2 subs custom box, New 99 Z28 style Rims/Tires, New Clutch<br /> More to come!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
          Good to see the site is back up
          by 2.8 Bird
          So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
          3 hours ago
        • FirebirdGT
          New Site Hosting Issues
          by FirebirdGT
          All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
          1 week ago
        • LETZRIDE
          New Owner!
          by LETZRIDE
          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X