does your camaro's foglamp have this "feature"? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does your camaro's foglamp have this "feature"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does your camaro's foglamp have this "feature"?

I was changing out a dead fog lamp bulb on my 95 3800 camaro this afternoon because it turns out that driving through 10 inches of standing rainwater will introduce a bit of 'dampness' to the bulb. Anyway, I was resealing the lens onto the housing with a bit of silicon, and to check the seal, I blew into the socket hole to make sure there was no air escaping. I found something peculiar....

Picture - Hole Closed
    Picture - Hole Open

The first picture shows a circular blue sticker over a 3mm hole. The second picture shows the hole with the sticker removed. My best guess is that the hole is there to maintain a pressure balance with the outside world, but it sure looks likes like a gaping big hole where moisture could enter if the sticker ever falls off. Plus, you'd only need a pinhole for pressure balancing.

I'm plugging the hole with silicon before I reinstall the lamp. Anyone think this is a dumb idea? Or better yet, do you have an answer/guess at what my mystery hole is for?

Uhhh... er... that last sentence didn't sound so good.
    ╓<br />║ Matt M<br />║ <a href=\"http://home.austin.rr.com/morrism/3800/sunset_logo2.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Down with the Sixxness</a> <br />║ Polo Green 1995 3.8 Camaro<br />║ intake, cat, catback, shocks, 3.42\'s, and 12\'s in the trunk<br />╙

I was getting that condensation inside of the housing too. I plugged the hole on both foglights, and I also put a little bit of silicone around the bulbs mount (where they lock onto the foglight housing), and the condensation went away.
    Also, another benefit it that the bulbs seem to last longer :D

-Marc
    sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
      Good to see the site is back up
      by 2.8 Bird
      So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
      4 hours ago
    • FirebirdGT
      New Site Hosting Issues
      by FirebirdGT
      All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
      1 week ago
    • LETZRIDE
      New Owner!
      by LETZRIDE
      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X