Fuel Smell and RPM's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Smell and RPM's

About 15 minutes ago when I started my car, the RPM's were jumping between 500 RPM and 1500 RPM, running really rough, and noticed a strong fuel smell. I got out and went to check my exhaust, and it reeks of fuel. What is causing this? EGR maybe?

Re: Fuel Smell and RPM's

Now my SES light is blinking, and I have alot of blue-tint smoke coming from the exhaust. Please help.

Comment

did you sea foam it?

Comment

did you sea foam it?
        maybe its your cat

Comment

No Sea Foam. Just read in a some other posts that the coils, plugs, and wires may need to be replaced.

Comment

blue tinted smoke is oil, compression chechk

Comment

Got a better look at the smoke today and it is not blue tinted, its pure gasoline. White smoke and wont crank unless I press the accelerator to the floor. I am at a loss as to what's causing this.

Comment

bet your fuel pressure regulator diaphram took a sht and your sucking extra fuel in through the vaccum hose connected to it try diconnecting the vac line see what happens

Comment

Where would I find that?

Comment

Originally posted by 98RED3.8
                    Got a better look at the smoke today and it is not blue tinted, its pure gasoline. White smoke and wont crank unless I press the accelerator to the floor. I am at a loss as to what's causing this.
                    is it PURE Thick white smoke and NOT normal exhaust smoke from cold weather? That would indicate a big problem.
                    yea, I'd do a compression check
                    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

It is a mix of the two. Its not a complete white-out behind the car, but it is definitely gas fumes coming from the pipes.

Comment

who does compressions checks? and what is the norm ration for a 3.8?

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Just tried running Slick50 Injector Cleaner. Let the car sit running for about 45 minutes after I added the stuff and no change. Still pouring white smoke out the exhaust, RPM's fluctuatuing, and when I shut the car off, I noticed a hissing sound coming from the driver side valve cover area and some smoke from the same area.

Comment

Im assuming it's probably a bad thing that my oil smells like gas?

Comment

So I took the car in to have a diagnostic run on it. I pulled into the chevy dealership service area and when I got out there was gas pouring out of my exhaust pipes! They hooked the computer up and got the code for my rear o2 sensor and that was it. They tried to tell me that I need a new head gasket because they couldn't figure out what was causing the misfires and the gas in the oil. I asked to see the diagnostic report and they refused to show it to me. I left and took the car back home. I'm hoping that it just needs a full tunes up and maybe some new injectors. I'm assuming that once I get this figured out, I will probably have to replace the exhaust as well, due to all of the gas in it. Any help or ideas as to what is wrong with my car would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X