Fuel Smell and RPM's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fuel Smell and RPM's

can you go somewhere else. this stuff shouldn't be that difficult.
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Yeah i'll be taking it to a different local shop on Tuesday when I get back from PHX.

Comment

Originally posted by 98red3.8
        """rear o2 sensor?"""
        is that the post-cat o2? or pre-cat o2? (if equipped?). Or the B2S1?
        gas in exhaust = misfiring

You can always take it to Autozone to get scanned for free
        Last edited by slow6; 01-18-2007, 11:37 PM.
        2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

I just had the same thing happen on my van... it turned out to be a head gasket... are you 100% sure it's fuel coming out of the tailpipe? I had the same white smoke, and couldn't start unless I had the gas floored. Oil was leaking out of MY exhaust. The head gasket was blown and oil was leaking into the cylinder. It was hard to start because oil settled into the cylinder and wouldnt start unless you gave it a little extra gas. You'll figure it out pretty much right away with a compression check... at least that's my guess... since what you described is EXACTLY what happened to my van last week.
          Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
          Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

No oil in the exhaust. Pure gas. I don't have to give it gas to start it. It cranks right up. The closest Autozone to me is about 15 minutes away, and i'm afraid to drive it anywhere that's further than a block away. I may just buy a new engine if it is a head gasket. Every quote I've gotten was just dollars away from the quotes i've gotten for an engine replacement.

Comment

we dont know if its a head gasket problem till ya do the compression check.
              And I swear by compression tests!

1 Head gasket = $32
              1 set Head bolts = $15
              lower intake gasket = $20
              upper intake gasket = $10
              6 rocker arm bolts = $15
              6 possibly injector gaskets = $5

I'm just guessing its about $140 (totally off the top of my head)
              Might've left something out..

torque wrench = $15
              2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

I'm gonna buy all the parts needed, and just pay someone else to do it. i don't have the time or the place to do that type of work. Hopefully, It's not a head gasket. I'll know on Tuesday.

Comment

honestly if this started all the sudden and you weren't running the RPMS's up with the engine being cold I'd bet you aren't getting spark. Proably had a coil crap out on you. When they go its an all the sudden thing. One minute everything is fine the next your car runs like crap. I was actually driving when one of mine died. Going along just fine, have to stop because someone in front of me decided to come to a complete stop while turning into a drive. Went to take off car sputtered once and started running like crap. Drove straight to autozone and scanned the codes, got the cylinder number, new ac delco coil went home and changed the coil for the cylinder with the misfire. All was well again. Did all this in my lunch hour one day.
                  -Brad
                  98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
                  2000 V-Star Custom 1100
                  If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
                  :rock:

Comment

White smoke = burning antifreeze
                    Blue smoke = burning oil
                    Black smoke = excessive fuel burning

Are you sure that smoke is white?

If your getting gas in your oil and it's spilling out of the tail pipe I would be looking at the Fuel Pressure Regulator for ruptured diaphram, or at a possible fuel injector that's stuck open or leaking excessivly.

DO NOT DRIVE THAT CAR UNTILL YOU FIGURE OUT WHATS UP. If that much fuel is pouring into the engine you will get cylinder washdown, which means the excessive gas that's being injected into the engine is washing the oil off the cylinder sidewall and you can chew up the cylinder, piston and rings if you keep running the engine.
                    Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

Got it fixed. Number 2 injector was stuck open. I bought 6 new AC Delco injectors from the dealership and did the install my self, with the help of a buddy who is an aircraft mechanic. 6 injectors x $143 = $858 in parts, labor cost me 2 cases of Bud Light.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X