temperature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• temperature

How warm is a firebird/camaro with a 3.4 supposed to run? it's cold here and it rarely gets about 160 on the guage.

Re: temperature

Radiator fans kicking on too soon? My brother's 3.4 runs around 210 just like my 3.8???

Comment

Just remember, cool is better then hot. Mine will usually reach the first line after a lot of driving. The first line is 160. As long as your heat is warm enough for you then I would leave it alone.

Comment

I'm not really complaining. just I'm getting condensation and frost inside my car from it not getting warm enough.

Comment

Change your thermo, it might help.

1998 White Camaro 3800, A4, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Zexel & 3.42's, Jet Chip Stage 2, Whisper Lid, and Ram Air.

Comment

Originally posted by Firebird45331
            I'm not really complaining. just I'm getting condensation and frost inside my car from it not getting warm enough.
            are you having problems with your AC? you ac is suppose to help dehumidify the air coming in.
            2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I have a 93 Firebird with 3.4....my car would get up to about 200-210 on a cool, overcast day. But on a hot day and in traffic, it would just about peg out the gauge before the fan would come on. I changed the coolant, the fan motor, the sending units, and the thermostat, still ran hotter than I felt comfortable with. I FINALLY decided to buy the manual fan switch from SLP, installed it (I put it in the ashtray), and havent had a moments problem since. Id say it runs anywhere from 160-180....regardless of the outside temps. Try it, youll probably be just as happy as I am. I think the switch and shipping was roughly $85 bux.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryMow
                I have a 93 Firebird with 3.4....my car would get up to about 200-210 on a cool, overcast day. But on a hot day and in traffic, it would just about peg out the gauge before the fan would come on. I changed the coolant, the fan motor, the sending units, and the thermostat, still ran hotter than I felt comfortable with. I FINALLY decided to buy the manual fan switch from SLP, installed it (I put it in the ashtray), and havent had a moments problem since. Id say it runs anywhere from 160-180....regardless of the outside temps. Try it, youll probably be just as happy as I am. I think the switch and shipping was roughly $85 bux.
                he is not having an overheating issue
                2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Yeah, thats my bad....guess I should have read it twice...lol

Comment

I don't think I have A/C issues. It worked great last time I used it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X