Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Purple Oil + Chemicals

Hi Everyone

I was watchin something on Speedvision the other day and they started talking about this stuff called "Royal Purple." They make oil and all kinda of chemicals/cleaners/additives. They claim that by using their products, a car could have an increase of up to 8HP? Is this possible? Has anyone tried this stuff out before? I looked around for them and I saw that their stuff costs as much as any other manufacturer's fluids, etc..

What do you guys think?

I have a rearend (3.42 LSD) ready for install and I was thinking about doing this as well.. I mean how much could it cost? Even if it does nothing... If anyone has any clue, I am interested too.

I had heard about the article... I think it was on a more powerful engine... but even if it is worth 2-3hp I'd spend a couple extra bucks... how often do you change that fluid, ya know?

Comment

Well whatever it won't hurt to try it out. I'm gettin my 3.73 gears installed as we speak and should have the car tomorrow or Wed I hope.

Comment

i saw that on TV, too. they had a Camaro SS with an LS1 for a test mule. before and after dynos showed 8+ HP gain. they replaced engine, tranny and rear lubrication fluids. they also added coolant additive. they contend that using synthetics (they used Royal Purple as an example) will reduce more friction than regular mineral oils do therefore more HP. sounds right in theory.

Comment

i dont know if its all Royal Purple oils or just a few do have some kind of chemical in it that makes the motor make more power...in a drag race car they recommend you change it every 4-5 passes, my dad and i talked to a guy that runs Competition Eliminator in NHRA and he siad his car did run .03-.04 quicker in the quarter and after about 4-5 runs it slows back down, his car runs high 6's!
          <b>Black</b> 1998 Pontiac <i>Firebird</i> A-4 swap<br />271.4rwhp/259.4rwtq NA<br />13.30@102.44 <br /><a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98</a>

Comment

yes it works, the royal purple is just a brand of sythetics. It is synthetic oil, tranny fluid, and differential oil or lube whatever it is. I use synthetics in my car, but I use amsoil (they were the first in sythetics) My dad and i think its the best. Synthetic oil is about 5 bucks a quart. Im not sure on the other stuff ill ask my dad and post some prices.
            1995 black firebird,t-tops,3.4L M5 Comp cam,gutted cat,Cold Air,80 series flowmaster,limited slip rear end with 3.42 gear, Hurst Billet Plus, 17\" American Racin Torq Thrust II

Comment

n our cars you wouldnt have to change it every 5 passes, thats crazy. Yeah in a 6000+ horsepower actual drag race car i can see tha feasible. They said on horsepower tv that using royal purple actually allows you to change the oil less often.
              Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

Comment

You can usually go 2 times longer with synthetics. Racing oil... uhh yeah differnt ball game.

From the Royal purple website:

"Synerlec® additive technology forms a slippery, super-tough, synthetic film on metal surfaces that protects bearings far beyond the ability of conventional oils. Royal Purple oils carry up to 700 percent greater loads than other mineral and synthetic oils."
                Thanks, <br />JAM<p>02 Firebird GT

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X