Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• t-tops leak...HELP!!!!!!!

I have a 95 camaro with t-tops.
    The top on my left side leaks, does anybody know any way of fixing this without getting all new weatherstripping?
    Also, how much would it cost to get redone at a auto body?
    1995 Camaro 3.4L<br />dynomax super turbo muffler<br />SLP CAI<p>It\'s red so it must be fast!!!

See if you can get your doors re-adjusted. If someone can get the door up just a smidgin' it will help make a tighter seal. I've never had any problems wiht my 95 and I even wrecked it :D

Comment

I recommends some black silcone. Where exactly is is leaking?

Comment

when im sitting in the drivers seat (looking at the passenger side window) it looks like it is coming from the left side area, where the top and the frame of the car come together
        1995 Camaro 3.4L<br />dynomax super turbo muffler<br />SLP CAI<p>It\'s red so it must be fast!!!

Comment

my passenger side one leaks bad...i can hear air coming in when i drive down the road. luckily all the water stays in the back floor board, but i guarantee i've had at least 3" of standing water back there :mad: i'm gonna get it resealed soon unless anyone else has any ideas

[img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

[ February 22, 2002: Message edited by: 97BIRD ]</p>

Comment

I now have this problem anyone have some ideas?
            1995 Camaro 3.4 v6. Dead<br />1995 Trans Am FIPK.

Comment

ive had this problem too, try playing with the door and the t-tops trim, that seemed to work pretty good for me, other than that maybe get some silicone and start beefing up the leaking areas.
              1998 Firebird 3.8, A4<br />Mods: Alum Ds, Yank TC 2800 stall, Rksport lid, FTRA, SLP air temp sensor, K&N, Flowmaster catback 2.5\" w/cutout, 3:42 gears w/LSD<br />Best E/T: 15.6 @ 86 mph (w/o gears / lsd or verter)<br />Best 60: 2.234<br /><a href=\"http://www.teamfoxfire.iwarp.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.teamfoxfire.iwarp.com</a> -- club site<p>To come?: l67 piston package hardened, turbo? spray? low 12\'s? well see

Comment

Mine leaked bad and I pulled off the T-top seal and reinstalled it with seal adhesive and applied black silicone around the edges. Havent had a problem since.
                Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 97BIRD:
                  my passenger side one leaks bad...i can hear air coming in when i drive down the road. luckily all the water stays in the back floor board, but i guarantee i've had at least 3" of standing water back there :mad: i'm gonna get it resealed soon unless anyone else has any ideas

[img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

[ February 22, 2002: Message edited by: 97BIRD ]
                  <hr></blockquote>

That is the same thing I am experiencing with my 98 too, I get a few drips from the front if it has been raining for a few days but the back is leaking like crazy!, after 3 days of hard rain I had to wet vac the water out becasue it was slushing around! Also I get Lots of wind noise and my side windows leak sometimes, especialy the passenger.
                  If it wasnt for the fact that I enjoy the T tops in the nice weather I probibly should of bought a hard top!

oh, I also put vasoliene around the ribber seals once and it stoped the water for a little but that stuff is not good for the rubber, it brakes it down fast.
                  ~chris~ 98 Cayenne red Camaro 3800 A4, 3:08, T tops Borla cat-back, wisper lid K&N, Bilstine shocks, Dunlops all around. <br />AOL IM: chevyboyz24

Comment

T-tops are just a pain that way period at least that was the case with my 98z. I'd been to dealerships, they raised the door slightly, reinstalled weather stripping. Works for awhile at best but then it starts leaking again. Just comes with the territory I guess and you learn to live with that constant midewy smell from stale rain water.

That's why with the 2002 model I opted for no t-tops but wanted to keep the standard tranny. Had to get the strip model for that combo though but well worth it to steer clear of t-top frustration.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                      Good to see the site is back up
                      by 2.8 Bird
                      So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                      6 hours ago
                    • FirebirdGT
                      New Site Hosting Issues
                      by FirebirdGT
                      All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                      1 week ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      New Owner!
                      by LETZRIDE
                      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X