coolant flush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coolant flush

I see all these signs around were i live saying something like "coolant flush 49.95". What is the point of a coolant flush?

thanks

Re: coolant flush

It cleans out your old coolant and any garbage that has formed in there (i.e. sludge from dexcool).

Comment

and there will be alot of crap in there
      mostly a flaky rust looking powder that accumulates
      2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

If you don't change it at least once every 4 or 5 months, it can really get down right nasty looking (depending on how often you drive your car). I'm not sure what the recommended specification for flushing your coolant is offhand, it's probably something like once a year. But, from what I have witnessed with my own coolant and others, I would definately change it more often then that.

Comment

I flush once a year and it doesn't look to bad, but I do not use dexcool.
          2000 Firebird A4, 3.42 LSD, K&N, Free Cold Air, PaceSetter, 3" in/out Catco, 3" S-Pipe, 3" Intermidiate Pipe, 2.5" Flowmaster 80

Comment

dexcool should last longer than 5 months unless you have a problem. the reason for the flush is because of thrash and gunk that builds up. really does help especially since you will getting new coolant in there
            2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

i read in my manual that dexcool lasts 100,000miles before it needs to be flushed...i thought that was odd
              1999 Camaro Z/28
              1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

i flush the coolant and tranny once a year. but the camaro might only go only 1000 miles a year now. if that. i still do my oil changes every 3 months too. i want my baby to stay healthy
                WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by badinfluenceRS
                  i read in my manual that dexcool lasts 100,000miles before it needs to be flushed...i thought that was odd
                  Dexcool may keep it from freezing for a 100,000 miles, but a lot of slug will build up.
                  2000 Firebird A4, 3.42 LSD, K&N, Free Cold Air, PaceSetter, 3" in/out Catco, 3" S-Pipe, 3" Intermidiate Pipe, 2.5" Flowmaster 80

Comment

I've got dexcool with about 88k miles and its looking pretty nasty. I think it says like 5 years/100k miles for a flush.
                    Check out my cardomain site!<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/99pewterv6\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a>

Comment

Well, I have the problem of both worlds. Somewhere along the line of my car's history someone decided to put regular (green) coolant in my radiator with the Dexcool. That gave me enough problems, and just when I thought I had the gunk somewhat under control, the car sat for over 2 years and just gunked up the entire time making that rust looking color everywhere.

I have to fix this asap.

Comment

Originally posted by badinfluenceRS
                        Noob :p
                        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X