starting problems lately??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting problems lately??

Since it had been getting colder my car has been getting worse at starting obviously but its getting a lil bit to bad.....when i go to get in my car in the morning for school i turn the key and it sounds like it turns over but then it just dies¿? well so i usually try it again with the same results but by the 3 time it will start right up anyone know what would cause this to be so bad....its a 1995 3.4l 5spd w/ about 90,000 miles on it and its even in the garage all night to where its not quite as cold but still in the 20's and 30's? any help to help it get started up first try would be a big help.....thanks

Also another problem for some reason my spedo. gauge always gets jammed when my car is cold i did put euro gauges on if that affects it any but its the only gauge that does it i need help with this too becuase it got jammed on me tonight and i ended up getting busted going 67 in a 55 because that gauge jammed..

Re: starting problems lately??

As for your car not starting up, check the battery terminals and make sure they are clean and have no build up or any corrosion on them. Make sure you are using an already diluted mixture of coolant instead of adding water into it.

Reinstall the euro's and see if problem persists, if so then make sure the fuse is big enough to support them. If you try a bigger fuse and the problem still persists, go back to the original guages (it isn't worth the speeding tickets.)

Comment

would anyone recconmend spark plugs and wires and cleanig the coils because it is running rich as well and when im cruising at a constant speed it kinda is jumpy but its worse at running rich at higher rpm's but there is a very strong fuel smell and at startup

Comment

You can try changing that, but is it misfiring or hesitating any when you give it gas? You may just have an exhaust leak somewhere. No since in changing something if it isn't needed.

Comment

just wondering how would an exhaust leak make it run rich? i dont get it lol cause it only has the two O2 sensors and they are on the manifolds? so would the leak have to be before those or after im lost

Comment

It would be before those. Have you checked your PCV valve? Also, check the hose that runs to it for any cracks or tears. It could very well be a vacuum leak.

Edit: Check your fuel pressure at the regulator and see what it's reading. You can go to your local auto parts store and borrow one of their pressure tester's.

Comment

i have an intake that doesnt have a thing for the pcv valve so i just have a lil filter right on the valve cover should i put a valve and then the filter? or what also which autopart store will let me use a tester autozone or advance or both should i might try that tomorrow and if i should buy a valve for right before that lil breather ill do that while im there... as for the exhaust leak i dont hear anything but that doesnt always mean there isnt one does it?

Comment

an exhaust leak anywhere before an oxygen sensor or up to like 9" after can cause bogus readings. I'm not saying thats your problem, I'm just answering your question.
                2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

whats the easiest and best way to find one?

Comment

Tighten all bolts securely and then if you are still having a leak, use a soap and water dilution and spray it on your headers and exhaust watching closely for any air bubbles.

After tightening all bolts, you may want to try and listen with a stethescope or some type of pvc pipe moving it all along your headers and exhaust listening for a change in noise and if you hear any, try spraying the soap/dilution at that spot and look for any air bubbles and then (hopefully) you have found your leak.

Comment

people say that seafoam works good haha
                      there are UV dyes
                      2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

well im gonna see if advanced will let me use a fuel pressure tester tonight and see how that goes then ill try exhaust leak...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X