Cruise Control Connector: 7 wires or 10? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cruise Control Connector: 7 wires or 10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise Control Connector: 7 wires or 10?

Does the plug that goes to the cruise control unit have 7 wires or 10? I am trying to get the cruise hooked up on my 1997 Camaro 3.8 powered Volvo. I can find a plug with 7 wires on the harness near the PCM that will plug into the cruise box but cannot find one with 10 wires as the book indicates. What color is the plug and where is it supposed to be located? Is there a jumper harness that connects the cruise to the main harness?

Brian
    Brian<br />Pollock Pines, CA<br />Near Sacramento

Here's the connector for the cruise control module that connects it to the wiring harness:

http://www.leadingedgesim.com/mkapro...seControl1.jpg

It's supposed to be on the left frame rail in the engine bay, but since you've got it in a different car that's obviously different.

Couln't you just count the number of pins on the cruise control module to see if it's a 7 or 10 pin connector?
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Great. Thank you. Since posting I heard that there is an additional harness, the front headlight harness, into which the cruise control plugs. I don't have it so I'm wiring up another 10 pin connector. Your chart will help!
      Brian<br />Pollock Pines, CA<br />Near Sacramento

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X