My running rich and starting problem from wires maybe? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My running rich and starting problem from wires maybe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My running rich and starting problem from wires maybe?

OK i was told to check for an exhaust leak by spraying soapy water on my exhaust and find bubbles well i was doing that and i over sprayed on my plug wires...Well where the boot meets the wire on the end where it plugs in the spark plug they started sparking where the boot and wire meets so what im saying would that be a sign to get a new set and could that be cause all my running rich problems, my jumpyness especially when its wet, and my bad starting???? because im guessing the connection isnt that great... I hope its something that simple lol any input is well apreciated also if u think that may be it what wires would you guys go with they are the taylor spiral pro right now
    Last edited by black95maro; 01-29-2007, 10:08 PM.

Re: My running rich and starting problem from wires maybe?

maybe you should:
    1wait for it to dry off
    2then start the car in the dark
    3look for sparks, if you have sparks get new wires
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

check out my sig.............

Comment

grammer is the last thing on my list it doesnt matter to me and most of mine is from mistyping or not paying attention to what i am typing...... so oh well as long as im passing my english classes in school and surprisingly with a B lol....

Comment

I and others do not help people if they do not have something eligible to read
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG
            I and others do not help people if they do not have something legible to read
            Corrected to legible for you. ;)
            Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

thanks
              2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

lets get back on track here...

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                Or this

Comment

back on track:

did you do what I told you? What were the results?
                  2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

i looked and saw no sparks, but i did hear a ticking sound coming come around that area could that be and exhaust leak or the sparkplugs sparking?

Comment

I cant say without a audio / sound recording

Comment

like i dont know if it would be loud enough to set apart from the sound of the motor

Comment

you could always get a PVC pipe or stethoscope or something and try to find out where exactly the sound comes from

Comment

im gonna take a closer look at it tonight when the motor cools hopefully ill find something...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X